Post-Game Talk: Connoredemption!

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Didn't read through all these pages, so not sure if it's already been said, but just want to remind everyone that Dallas left McDavid alone with the puck in front of the net twice in OT. Twice! LOL.
For as much as Dallas D is hyped. They are 100% beatable and give up plenty. They leaked against the Avs and they are leaking against us.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Foegele would be the guy to go. Second lowest EV time only ahead of Ryan who's a more essential PK guy and right-hand face-off option who was 75% in the face-off dot. Oil need Henrique's face-off ability in the line-up especially with Dallas getting their top forward back who hits on a season 56% face-off results. Last night the Stars dominated face-offs 55.7% to 44.3%. Henrique brings a better processor as well to a tightly contested series and better finishing ability.

Knoblauch has favoured goal suppression guys for his bottom six over trying to squeeze out any additional offence. Foegele's speed and forecheck can be strong (when he's engaged) but close, tight series Henrique has more to offer in all three zones, face-offs, and maybe jolting some offence from dormant Line 3 which is being outplayed and outperformed by Line 4.
My guess would be Carrick. It allows Henrique to ease his way back into the lineup on the 4th line without messing up any of the PK rotations.

stewy04

Jun 19, 2016
Call it both ways if they're gonna make soft ass calls. They were shit last night.
Against Florida it will be worse then Vancouver so weird how it depends who you play and where in the country. Florida is very chippy.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
My guess would be Carrick. It allows Henrique to ease his way back into the lineup on the 4th line without messing up any of the PK rotations.
Agreed. I know Henrique can Pk but I doubt Knob wants to throw him on it right away. It’s been too good and he’s going to be rusty.

Reactions: guymez

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
For as much as Dallas D is hyped. They are 100% beatable and give up plenty. They leaked against the Avs and they are leaking against us.
Yeah, it helps us big time that they aren't huge like many of Vancouver's guys were. Not small, but Heiskanen, Harley, Lindell and Tanev average out at about 200lbs. 6'3 average height, but not heavy guys.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
It also helps that the Stars have one guy fly the zone(cherry pick) so that if you can get on them, you have a bit of PP because of their choices.

Yeah, it helps us big time that they aren't huge like many of Vancouver's guys were. Not small, but Heiskanen, Harley, Lindell and Tanev average out at about 200lbs. 6'3 average height, but not heavy guys.
They also aren't as "violent/cheap" as the Nucks blueline either.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Have you not heard Wrathchild?

I actually have this record lol

IMG_4970.jpeg

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Maybe. But I'm not sure they mess with a solid Line 4. Carrick's also a very good right-hand face-off guy who was 63.6% last night along with a physical, greasy game. But moreso I don't see them activating Henrique to play on Line 4. The problem has been Line 3 with no scoring and really not doing anything. McLeod and Ryan can PK so they stay in. Maybe you can cajole some McLeod offence on the wing with centre/wing flexibility to move McLeod and Henrique around on that line. Heck even Ryan can slide between right wing and centre.

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
They'll keep Ryan for the PK alone.
Not a bad idea. I just think overall this would be the least disruptive to the line up and would give Ryan a chance to recharge for the possibility Adam re aggravates his injury like the last game he played. I can safely say my logic is why I will never coach a professional sports team. :cheers:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad