Post-Game Talk: Connoredemption!

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
We’re going to need to bury our opportunities going forward, missed breakaways in particular. Let’s not forget Dallas hit a few posts in OT, game of inches last night.

alanschu

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
Definitely a great problem to have but maybe they'll actually keep Henrique out a little longer to heal up more
I think current circumstances mean we don't need to rush Henrique back, for sure. If he does come back I'm.... not entirely sure. I think Carrick has done well enough in the faceoff circle that I'd probably still keep him. Foegele can't score lately but has his moments of at least tilting the ice the other way.

I think it'd be one of Foegele, Ryan, or Carrick.

But yeah, a nice problem to have for a team that I've been told doesn't really have much depth.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I wonder who they take out if Henrique comes back in. Do you touch that lineup if they've won 3 in a row?
So...

Brown was one of the worst players in the NHL this year. Documented fact/ imo 😄

He has been solid defensively and I think even has an assist? But... He still is obviously hopeless offensively. His goals in the regular season were gimmies and flukes.

My point. Brown just shouldn't be on the roster. Certainly shouldn't have been during the regular season.

Even with some solid play from him in recent games I flush him out of the line up asap.

Carrick has been surprisingly good. Foegele is fighting it right now but when he busts out we know him and McLoed have actual talent to score, better wheels, and are also solid defensively.

I agree with it but I am surprised we have Perry on the bench. While he deserves to be benched I think he "has" to get at least another game in to see if it can get him going.

Brown is too one dimensional and just not good enough to keep these players buried. He imo is the obvious choice in spite of his recent solid play.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
I wonder who they take out if Henrique comes back in. Do you touch that lineup if they've won 3 in a row?
hopefully not carrick, i think the odd person out is ryan and even he was effective

oh nvm its connor brown lol

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
I am winning so much money betting on the oilers this year, can't believe I'm getting underdog odds on the team with f***ing harlem Globetrotters on it. Keep winning my Northern Alberta friend.
missed a hige parlay last night by 2 ekholm shots, the oilers are free money if you bet right

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
So...

He has been solid defensively and I think even has an assist? But... He still is obviously hopeless offensively. His goals in the regular season were gimmies and flukes.

My point. Brown just shouldn't be on the roster. Certainly shouldn't have been during the regular season.

Even with some solid play from him in recent games I flush him out of the line up asap.

Carrick has been surprisingly good. Foegele is fighting it right now but when he busts out we know him and McLoed have actual talent to score, better wheels, and are also solid defensively.

I agree with it but I am surprised we have Perry on the bench. While he deserves to be benched I think he "has" to get at least another game in to see if it can get him going.

Brown is too one dimensional and just not good enough to keep these players buried. He imo is the obvious choice in spite of his recent solid play.
Brown is excellent at going into the corners and coming out with the puck which is resulting in sustained pressure in the offensive zone and creating cycles. Perry carries a wealth of veteran knowledge and experience but unfortunately lost his legs.

Reactions: Biltmore

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Didn't read through all these pages, so not sure if it's already been said, but just want to remind everyone that Dallas left McDavid alone with the puck in front of the net twice in OT. Twice! LOL.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
So...

Regular season? That mostly goes out the door when the playoffs start. I don’t know why people don’t appreciate strong defensive play. Brown probably stopped a for sure goal last night. It’s just as important to keep the puck out of your net as it is to score. You can call brown one dimensional that’s fair but Foegs hasn’t been able to score or keep the puck out of the net these playoffs.

Brown still has a better points per 60 than Foegs.

Last edited:

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
So...

I honestly didn't expect anyone to say Brown after last game.. I thought he was fantastic on PK and separating that 4th line (that has been much better than the 3rd) wouldn't be my 1st choice.

I was thinking Mcleod. He has yet to record a point these playoffs and seems like he would benefit from sitting a game. But, I wouldn't be surprised if they took out Ryan.

If it was up to me I wouldn't change anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad