Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Cheechoo.

E3B381C7-DD55-4135-818B-D1CD5EDBE91B.gif

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Ceci has been so much better on the third pairing.
It's actually quite remarkable how every move Knoblauch has made has worked out perfectly and some real ballsy ones as well.

First, he splits McDavid and Draisaitl when the scoring dries up which envigorated both lines.

Second, he then sits a struggling Skinner for career AHLer Pickard who wins a crucial Game 4 then does nothing but keep the Oilers in it in an otherwise lackluster effort then has the giant cojones to bring back in Skinner for not one but two do or die games which Skinner rewards him with a solid enough performance because Knoblauch knows that they need to get Skinner to get going if they have any chance to win a Cup, with all due respect to Pickard, but Skinner has more upside.

Third, he breaks up the Nurse-Ceci pairing (freaking finally somebody does this) and both player much better as a result on separate pairings.

Fourth, sits a future Hall of Fame vet who did have a solid regular season but was clearly running on fumes, another big cojone move, for Carrick who has brought a dimension to the bottom 6 that was sorely lacking.

Oh and promoted Holloway to the top 6 which we all know the results of.

Fingers crossed that it continues but this man has struck gold with these moves.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Another ‘signed up under a different username’ today Cuck/Flames fan. Dime a dozen.

“I know what I’ll do now that my teams eliminated! I’ll make a burner HF account pretending to be a knowledgeable Oilers fan and troll the Oilers forum with my hot takes and quick wit sowing discord among their legions of fans who will turn on the team thanks to my brilliance”

CCA57D08-0973-482E-AA43-8D5125C616ED.gif

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Right, the players looked they were coming out of a tunnel near the boards because of the crowd blocking the camera view.

Although not nearly to the extent of Dallas, I went to a recent Iron Maiden concert and this D-Bag and his girlfriend were standing up and dancing in the upper bowl and blocking the peoples view. I got grumpy and called the usher to tell them to sit down. Usher told them to sit. Once the usher left, they got up again. Poor young couple behind them were frustrated but found some empty seats so they could actually see the fkn concert. Some real inconsiderate D-Bags everywhere including YEG.
I didn't even know they scored in overtime for a while as I didn't see the puck come out from the boards to Connor.

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Right, the players looked they were coming out of a tunnel near the boards because of the crowd blocking the camera view.

Although not nearly to the extent of Dallas, I went to a recent Iron Maiden concert and this D-Bag and his girlfriend were standing up and dancing in the upper bowl and blocking the peoples view. I got grumpy and called the usher to tell them to sit down. Usher told them to sit. Once the usher left, they got up again. Poor young couple behind them were frustrated but found some empty seats so they could actually see the fkn concert. Some real inconsiderate D-Bags everywhere including YEG.
Why would someone dance to Iron Maiden Lol!

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
“I know what I’ll do now that my teams eliminated! I’ll make a burner HF account pretending to be a knowledgeable Oilers fan and troll the Oilers forum with my hot takes and quick wit sowing discord among their legions of fans who will turn on the team thanks to my brilliance”

View attachment 875291
Sounds like a page out of flat earth earthers playbook

Did bro just compare Hyman to Cheechoo
Would only be comparable if his goal scoring was a one off. He has gotten consistently better every year since he joined the team. There is zero comparison to Cheechoo at all

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Yet another fantastic game by the whole team. But for some reason, guys keep taking turns making one really bad brain cramped play and it costs us a goal. Kulak's turn last night. (and he played an otherwise outstanding game) We work so damned hard for our goals and the opposition gets a freebie nearly every game. If we can somehow stop that, there will be a lot less clenching and high heart rates as we go along.
Fantastic play by Bouch on the winner (and kudos to Nuge for the great poke check to get the puck forward and also McDavid for the deft deflection), but I would also point out a great DEFENSIVE play by him. Puck came loose in the Oilers end, and a Dallas player had a clean slot shot. Bouch was in no mans land, and instead of getting in front of it, he backed off and let Skinner make the routine save. No chance for a bad deflection and no chance to block it since he was in too tight. What a smart player. I am seeing some significant growth in his overall game now.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Player notes:
  • Brown was worse than normal. Primarily not engaging physically, he looked like a chicken shit out there. Also when he gets the puck on his stick he almost has a “holy shit what do I do moment”
  • Is Drai finger ok? Did it happen this game? It sure doesn’t look good.
  • Even aside from his horrific turnover Kulak was awful. Not a good game at all.
  • Foegele fell down how many times LMAO
  • Our PK was fire
Other notes:
- Who the hell designed the Stars rink and camera area? It’s almost unwatchable when the fans stand up. Even when they sit it’s too zoomed in to get a good birds eye view of the game. Complete embarrassment. Must suck to be a stars fan
- What’s with the grade 6 level officiating? Ticky tacks calls going against us without the favor being returned. The slash Bouchard got was laughable. Clear bias, embarrassing

Overall the Oilers played a really great team game. Very impressed with their performance. This game could have gone either way, but I thought this was one of the most complete games we have played this playoff. People may be in shock, but Skinner played excellent
Brown was solid. A key PK support guy with Janmark on the playoff's best unit. Had a critical check to prevent a high danger chance against. Might not be able to put the puck in the ocean but defensively the guy has been solid. Fourth line deployment but actual ice time usage is more than each individual on Line 3. Clear that Knoblauch is prioritizing goal suppression and PK guys for his bottom six.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Brown was solid. A key PK support guy with Janmark on the playoff's best unit. Had a critical check to prevent a high danger chance against. Might not be able to put the puck in the ocean but defensively the guy has been solid. Fourth line deployment but actual ice time usage is more than each individual on Line 3. Clear that Knoblauch is prioritizing goal suppression and PK guys for his bottom six.
Yeah of all the games to call Brown terrible last night was not one I would have chose either. His back check off the bench to prevent that shot on net practically earned his bonus on that one alone.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
It's actually quite remarkable how every move Knoblauch has made has worked out perfectly and some real ballsy ones as well.

First, he splits McDavid and Draisaitl when the scoring dries up which envigorated both lines.

Second, he then sits a struggling Skinner for career AHLer Pickard who wins a crucial Game 4 then does nothing but keep the Oilers in it in an otherwise lackluster effort then has the giant cojones to bring back in Skinner for not one but two do or die games which Skinner rewards him with a solid enough performance because Knoblauch knows that they need to get Skinner to get going if they have any chance to win a Cup, with all due respect to Pickard, but Skinner has more upside.

Third, he breaks up the Nurse-Ceci pairing (freaking finally somebody does this) and both player much better as a result on separate pairings.

Fourth, sits a future Hall of Fame vet who did have a solid regular season but was clearly running on fumes, another big cojone move, for Carrick who has brought a dimension to the bottom 6 that was sorely lacking.

Oh and promoted Holloway to the top 6 which we all know the results of.

Fingers crossed that it continues but this man has struck gold with these moves.
That timeout he called in game 7 was also clutch. Didn’t allow a shot after that I don’t think. I was blasting him after game 5 lol oops. I even compared him to Woody. Double oops. It’s funny because he’s the opposite of woody really. We had all the same issues last playoffs but the difference is Woody refused to make the risky moves / adjustments.

I honestly don’t think this team gets through Tocchet and the Canucks under woody.

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
I wonder who they take out if Henrique comes back in. Do you touch that lineup if they've won 3 in a row?

Reactions: Porkleaker

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I wonder who goes out for Henrique? Carrick, Brown and Ryan have all been pretty good and I doubt they take Mcleod or Foegele out of the lineup. It's looking like the series will be heavily rigged towards Dallas to get PP's then we'll need our best PKers in the lineup.
Foegele would be the guy to go. Second lowest EV time only ahead of Ryan who's a more essential PK guy and right-hand face-off option who was 75% in the face-off dot. Oil need Henrique's face-off ability in the line-up especially with Dallas getting their top forward back who hits on a season 56% face-off results. Last night the Stars dominated face-offs 55.7% to 44.3%. Henrique brings a better processor as well to a tightly contested series and better finishing ability.

Knoblauch has favoured goal suppression guys for his bottom six over trying to squeeze out any additional offence. Foegele's speed and forecheck can be strong (when he's engaged) but close, tight series Henrique has more to offer in all three zones, face-offs, and maybe jolting some offence from dormant Line 3 which is being outplayed and outperformed by Line 4.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
I wonder who they take out if Henrique comes back in. Do you touch that lineup if they've won 3 in a row?
Yeah, it's a nice problem to have for once lol. I guess you look at if anyone's banged up and needs a rest and depends on how healed up Henrique is, he will be a little rusty. Tough call.

Reactions: McHelpus

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

Foegele maybe needs a little wake up call? Carrick was fighting the puck all night as well.

Think there is still some room among the ~10-14 min players to keep guys hungry and not just comfy with a lineup spot. Henrique if he is 100% ready to go is still better than half the forwards in the lineup last night.

Would call this series a battle of smart too, more than speed. I think Henrique is better suited for this kind of series than he would have been against the Canucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad