Post-Game Talk: Connoredemption!

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
°I'm tired of everyone dismissing Edmonton as a horrible team who is not in the same league as Dallas. The Oilers are 7 wins away from a Stanley Cup. And seem to be getting every single break in the world.

The worst part is they look completely evenly matched.

Can someone please stop this nightmare.
°. Anonymous

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
"Working against the steady Tanev.....scores!"

That call made me laugh lol

Anyone got Jack Michaels call of the goal?
Tanev gets picked by Nuge easy. "Beat him like a rented mule" Beat him clean. In Double OT. Goal light flashing.

Tanev solely responsible on two of our goals. Thanks Tanev.

°I'm tired of everyone dismissing Edmonton as a horrible team who is not in the same league as Dallas. The Oilers are 7 wins away from a Stanley Cup. And seem to be getting every single break in the world.

°. Anonymous
Not Canadas team.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Lets not get cocky. Dallas didn't come with their best game tonight and you better be sure that they'll come out strong in Game 2, this is just 1 game and a likely very long series with lots of ebbs and flows.

Why not, we had to sit here and listen to everyone tell us how Dallas are the deepest team in the league, we stand no chance, about to get swept.
Who's to say Edmonton came with their best also and don't have another gear. Yeah its not going to be cake walk, this is the conference finals. But I can also have full confidence my team will come out with a series win. Especially when the best player in the world is on the roster.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I can't emphasize how impressed I am with the buy in from everybody on this team. Games 6, 7 and tonight, the Oilers looked like a true Stanley Cup contender, everybody rowing in the same direction. Haven't seen an Oiler team with this much buy in from everybody in a long time.
Shades of 06 right down to the flu hitting them in the second round

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Might not be a big headline, but mentally this team getting a win in the conference finals is big IMO
a nice win on the road and a hard fought one goal game. These types of wins can do wonders for confidence

Still only one game but you can’t be anything but pumped for that.

I look back to the Colorado series. Just so much more mature now.

Props to skinner for a solid game.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Did I hear right Skinner reached out to an old goaltending coach? Was that this year? Was that when he was benched in vancouver?

Cuz if it was the vancouver series amd he has improved this much in so few days can someone tell me how Schwartz survives this summer???.

Dynamic

Dec 21, 2004
Edmonton
Just a great game, we would take a split all day long and mission accomplished. For me I know it is not flashy or exciting but the hero of this game for me was the bottom six. Their job tonight was to not get caved 5v5 and they held their own all night. Each and every one of them were gamers tonight and played very smart safe hockey.

We have the game changers up front. If Skinner continues like this and the bottom six can just do what they did tonight is will be a long series.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Other observation I had pretty late in the game: that was the first game in 2 rounds where the other team wasn't constantly starting shit after the whistle. Marchment was being a rat but that was it. I think the Stars will have a bit more of that next game, but maybe they're too scared about taking a penalty.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

°. Anonymous
CP never fails to amuse

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
A series opening win, to give themselves a bit of a leg up. Right on Oilers! And I'd like to give a hearty f*** YOU to the refs. Those :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:ers couldn't have made it more obvious than they did, how they were calling this game in favour of the US team. f*** you :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:ers, and f*** you Bettman.

Good bounce back from Skinner whom I doubt, but he certainly showed up focused and was the difference. PK squad members have been the superheroes of late. And even though Bouchard was getting all the praise for the pass on the winner.. it was Nuge who forced the D, Tanev, and then flicked it up along the boards to Bouchard to even make that play. Quiet killer Nuge.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Other observation I had pretty late in the game: that was the first game in 2 rounds where the other team wasn't constantly starting shit after the whistle. Marchment was being a rat but that was it. I think the Stars will have a bit more of that next game, but maybe they're too scared about taking a penalty.
That’s not the Stars style. Not very physical, quite disciplined, not much crap after whistles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad