Post-Game Talk: Connoredemption!

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
It’s only 1 game and I could easily change my mind in the first period of game 2 but Dallas doesn’t look like they are as good a team as Vancouver was in the last round. I thought they brought less energy and weren’t close to being as physical. Maybe their older players are starting to wear down a bit.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Tanev is really overrated..he is good don't get me wrong but the Oils have as good Defense imo as Dallas...Oil players are being disrespected by the media , oilers are a really good team.
This. Tanev is a solid 2nd pair shut down defenseman, but we have made him look pedestrian many times over the years.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
69ED0500-8F7F-4A69-9274-4377F19DF54E.gif
McD off to the airport... NOT!

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Congrats Oilers fans! Even with Bettman and the NHL trying to do everything they could for Dallas to win you guys won. Oilers played better and you could tell they wanted it more. Hopefully they can continue playing like this as they will be in the finals if so.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
If Dallas is the best the league has to offer. It's in trouble cause the Oilers are about to dog walk em.
Lets not get cocky. Dallas didn't come with their best game tonight and you better be sure that they'll come out strong in Game 2, this is just 1 game and a likely very long series with lots of ebbs and flows.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
Tanev is really overrated..he is good don't get me wrong but the Oils have as good Defense imo as Dallas...Oil players are being disrespected by the media , oilers are a really good team.
Thing is Tanev has never been able to give up problems and has been susceptible to our forecheck. He always seems slow to me. Decent, but he definitely has trouble against Oilers. I think he overthinks and tries to overplay, gets caught.

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
Lets not get cocky. Dallas didn't come with their best game tonight and you better be sure that they'll come out strong in Game 2, this is just 1 game and a likely very long series with lots of ebbs and flows.
This its one game , the oil can beat Dallas but they will need to keep the full 100% effort from all lines. Dallas will be better game 2

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Such a well deserved win. Great gameplan by Knobs. Quick breakout, aggressive forecheck, really kept the Stars hemmed in to their zone for good parts of the game. Again played to Skinner's strengths, didn’t have to move laterally much tonight, which is key. All four lines were responsible, D pairs for the most part kept it simple.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad