Post-Game Talk: Connoredemption!

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Thankfully they show huge character and pull out a win that would have been a heartbreaking loss. I am not going to turn into a Canucks fan and constantly bitch at the refs, hopefully things turn more even in that regard going forward.

Reactions: McDoused

Hollywood55

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
8qptw3.jpg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
Looks like I called the right OT winner after all.

Kinda figured McD himself woudl redeem on another chance. Strange he fluffs the easy goal and then makes the real difficult putt later.

lol at Tanev continuing to suck against Oilers. lol clown was on for all 3GA and responsible for two of them. Oilers have his number so much its silly. Once a Flame always a flameout.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I can't emphasize how impressed I am with the buy in from everybody on this team. Games 6, 7 and tonight, the Oilers looked like a true Stanley Cup contender, everybody rowing in the same direction. Haven't seen an Oiler team with this much buy in from everybody in a long time.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Gotta say, too, that is HUGE for the boys to put that whole bullshit narrative of "never having won a game in the conference final" to rest early in this series.

I don't think they actually care about that but fans and media have been saying it. So now they steal home ice and have a huge opportunity to go up 2-0 in this series. Just a massive, massive, MASSIVE f***ing win.

Also, I love Connor so much. It's not even a man crush. It's pure love. That's our f***ing captain!!!!

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Exhale. Some initial impressions. Dallas plays steady with similar intensity throughout the game, but seemingly cannot turn up the volume to the level of the Canucks at their best. Did not think they created that many opportunities with the exception of the extended PP time. Skinner had a great game. Stupid mistakes and unlucky bounce nearly cost the Oilers game 1. McDavid struggled, but came through when it mattered.

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
McDavid getting the winner is so apropos.

Best game of these playoffs. Team played incredible, especially defensively. A horrible gaffe by Kulak and an unlucky bounce is all Dallas really had. Skinner was massive when he needed to be and this was probably his best game of the playoffs as well.

The reffing is absolutely shameful though. Gary's mandate in full effect... 5 to 1 PP advantage for Dallas and it'll probably only get worse from here. Somehow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad