Value of: Connor Murphy.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Blackhawks are 9 points back of a wildcard spot, what kind of market do you think there would be for Connor Murphy?

I think it depends on if they are willing to retain 50%, if they are I think Murphy gets a package similar to Jake McCabe, but I also think Jake McCabe got what he got because Chicago retained 50%.

Would Chicago be willing to do it for Murphy and tie up 2 retention slots for multiple years?

If so I think he easily gets a 1st+

If not I'm not sure.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Blackhawks are 9 points back of a wildcard spot, what kind of market do you think there would be for Connor Murphy?

I think it depends on if they are willing to retain 50%, if they are I think Murphy gets a package similar to Jake McCabe, but I also think Jake McCabe got what he got because Chicago retained 50%.

Would Chicago be willing to do it for Murphy and tie up 2 retention slots for multiple years?

If so I think he easily gets a 1st+

If not I'm not sure.
There would be a pretty big market for him I'd think. Quality RHD with size that can play 20 min a night and eat PK minutes. That's the exact guy a lot of teams would want/need for a playoff run. With retention I think he'd go for a 1st + a good prospect.

Reactions: banks

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
Yeah similar to the McCabe deal probably.

1st, lower prospect, roster player for cap reasons.

With retention a better prospect.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I think he goes for a 2nd and a prospect that isn’t that great. He’s been horrible this year, and really Vlasic and Jones play the tough minutes.

I would expect him to be a decent #5 PK guy on a winning team.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
There would be a pretty big market for him I'd think. Quality RHD with size that can play 20 min a night and eat PK minutes. That's the exact guy a lot of teams would want/need for a playoff run. With retention I think he'd go for a 1st + a good prospect.

I agree and wouldn't hesitate to pay it, especially with retention.

If he's even half as good as McCabe has been he'd be well worth it.

Seriously I shudder at the thought of this defense without McCabe.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Hes been bad and with 2 years left...I dont know whos gunna look to add him.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Would love a first but my guess is a second and a prospect/mid round pick.

With retention if the price is met I’m sure they’d go for it.

Also has a limited no trade clause fyi.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
He's a top 4 RD with size.

A lot of teams Would.
Yep. Big RHD who should be close to his physical prime don't come cheap, especially at 2m per.

Teams will chalk up his less than stellar performance this year to being on a bottom feeder. And they might be right, outside the covid playoffs, he has never played in a playoff game in his career. Probably tired of it here.

Reactions: hawksrule

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
I’ve been a big fan of Murph in a Hawks uniform, but his performance this season has been awful. I hope a trading partner is willing to look past that.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
If we could get a 1st for him I’d go bananas. He’s been horrible.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Murphy's trying to do to much out there. Every shift he has his partner screws up, it's understandable. If he's moved to a sound Team he'll be more than stellar is my feeling .
Hes been the worst partner on every pairing all year. He might be trying to do too much but individually thats on him.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
I could see a trade centered around murp for campbell with Oilers making sense? probably would take at least a 1st and 2nd and Maybe Broberg or hollway. moving campbell would probably take a 1st and 2nd (could be a prospect and taking murph back might be a 2nd or a 3rd IMO.

would ED do campbell broberg hollaway and 1st for Connor murphy. the blackhawks have so many picks I wonder if getting some reclamation 22 year olds might make sense instead of 2nd's and 3rds?

Reactions: dj Mahoney

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad