Value of: Connor Murphy to Toronto(specifically TML)

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I'd pay Kerfoot+Lilijgren+2nd

For Murphy with maybe a small add

Lilijgren is our 3rd best prospect but if we got murphy then we would have strong RHD depth to compete in the next 4 years (Matthews guaranteed years)

Kerfoot has to be in the deal for cap purposes.

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Yes he is....how much have you watched him play?
You are asking leafs fans if they want a $4 million defenceman that brings very little when the leafs have no cap space at all.
What are you hoping people tell you?
You asked what the trade would look like from a leafs perspective. As a leafs fan, I don’t feel the extra money spent offers much of an upgrade on a guy like holl or dermott.
Maybe other leafs fans will feel differently.... but I doubt it. Would rather go after a guy like harmonic for less money and assets.

Reactions: BHD and Drew311

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I'd pay Kerfoot+Lilijgren+2nd

For Murphy with maybe a small add

Lilijgren is our 3rd best prospect but if we got murphy then we would have strong RHD depth to compete in the next 4 years (Matthews guaranteed years)

Kerfoot has to be in the deal for cap purposes.
Now we're getting somewhere.
If Liljegren was the best we could do, I'd do it but would prefer Mikheyev because the Hawks need young-ish forwards.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Now we're getting somewhere.
If Liljegren was the best we could do, I'd do it but would prefer Mikheyev because the Hawks need young-ish forwards.
And the Leafs need cheap forwards like Mikheyev. The Leafs are much more likely to go after Weegar who'll likely be a cheaper cap hit, be cheaper in a trade and fits in the top 4.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
If that happens they'd have to go 4x4 in the expansion draft, protecting Matthews, Tavares, Marner & Nylander up front, Reilly, Muzzin, Brodie and Murphy on D.

Not a big deal as the only forward currently signed right now - and meets the criteria for protection - that the Leafs would certainly groan about losing is Hyman. Kerfoot, if he's still around would be the second they'd have to expose. On the blue line, that would leave Holl and possibly Dermott exposed.

Just laying it out for consideration.

Reactions: qqaz

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
No one wants Kerfoot. This makes that pick less valuable. Kerfoot plus Sandin maybe.
The leafs do.
It’s one thing to trade away expendable wingers like Kapanen and Johnsson, but it’s another to lose your Center depth.

Reactions: qqaz

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
If that happens they'd have to go 4x4 in the expansion draft, protecting Matthews, Tavares, Marner & Nylander up front, Reilly, Muzzin, Brodie and Murphy on D.

Not a big deal as the only forward currently signed right now - and meets the criteria for protection - that the Leafs would certainly groan about losing is Hyman. Kerfoot, if he's still around would be the second they'd have to expose. On the blue line, that would leave Holl and possibly Dermott exposed.

Just laying it out for consideration.

My understanding is that they do not have to protect Brodie. They may want to though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad