Connor McDavid with 91 pts in last 84 games

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
I thought this was interesting enough to mention, since he didn't have his first full season's numbers really, this is it - 91 points (30+61) in last 84 games. (Or 90 points in 82 games if you want)

I think that this, and the fact that he is constantly TOP3 in scoring this season, is quite impressive. He is and probably will be inthe running for Art Ross trophy, and eventually can be nominated for Hart or Lindsay.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I'm sort of disappointed that he is only a 30 goal scorer honestly.

I am sure that will improve but I doubt he hits 50 more than once (if that).

I know it's early but I really did expect more honestly.

Jan 3, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Somewhat beneath his insane expectations. A lot of people expected 120+ but in this NHL that may not be feasible, or he's just not quite that caliber yet.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Somewhat beneath his insane expectations. A lot of people expected 120+ but in this NHL that may not be feasible, or he's just not quite that caliber yet.

He looked to be on that level early this year, but hes hit a wall big time these last 10 games. Likely going to lose him the Art Ross.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Another player that also has 91 points in his last 84 regular season games: Kucherov. Just thought it interesting to compare.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Another player that also has 91 points in his last 84 regular season games: Kucherov. Just thought it interesting to compare.

Kucherov is 4 years older. Just thought it would be interesting to put it in perspective.

With that said, McDavid is in a big time rut the last 10 games. He almost seems a bit disinterested to be honest. It's likely just a rough patch during the dog days of the season.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
weirdly enough I thought he would have more. IMO hes been underwhelming last 10 games or so.

5 points in his last 10 games.

Honestly for the first part of the season it seemed like he could get multiple points every shift haha.. but lately it doesn't seem like that at all.

Shows how unreal he is though that getting this many points is still lower than people expected haha

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
5 points in last 10 games shows the ups and downs of a long regular season. Superstars aren't immune to them. We just need to remember to not overreact to hot or cold streaks.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
This is about what I expected from him.. he is a tremendous player.

I don't want to start a **** storm but my opinion of him was from the time of his draft year and still is to this day is that he is nowhere near the goal scorer Crosby is. He does not have the lethal shot that Crosby possesses. I think if McDavid can improve his shot we'll see him go from being a 90pt player to a 105pt player at his peak. I hope he does reach that level and even exceeds it, he's so fun to watch.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Just to nitpick, it's much closer to 89 in 82 than 90 in 82.

He definitely showed he's capable of 100-point play earlier in the season. Either teams have adjusted, or he's just fighting it internally right now.

JA

Just for a point of reference, Sidney Crosby has 56 goals, 108 points in his last 84 regular season games.

Nikita Kucherov has 39 goals, 93 points in his last 84 regular season games.

Patrick Kane has 36 goals, 93 points in his last 84 regular season games.

Evgeni Malkin has 39 goals, 91 points in his last 84 regular season games.

A little bit further down, Johnny Gaudreau has 34 goals, 82 points in his last 84 regular season games. Gaudreau has been closer to McDavid in pace over their last 84 games than McDavid has been to Crosby.

Last edited by a moderator:

one77

Dec 22, 2013
Matthews > McDavid

Am I doing this right??

But honestly, this is probably considered an 'off year' for McDavid. He will get a lot more points than that. I don't like the Oilers but I hope they find a way to build a contender so we can witness McDavid at his best

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I don't know why people are shocked about him not being an elite goal scorer. Guys like Tavares, Stamkos and Crosby were all better goal scorers in the CHL. His game has always been about elite speed creating havoc that opens up tap-ins for teammates or dekeing goals in close for him. Obviously, he has a great cycle game and vision to compliment his defining traits.

In his prime I expect him to possibly hit 40 at least once, if not a couple times but paired with the right linemate he could be an assist a game guy at some point. Patrick Kane only broke 40 for the first time last year, and the only other time he was on pace was the shortened season. I obviously expect McDavid to put up better numbers than Kane, but I would think looking at the distribution of Kane's points would be a decent indicator of how McDavid racks up his totals.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Just to nitpick, it's much closer to 89 in 82 than 90 in 82.

He definitely showed he's capable of 100-point play earlier in the season. Either teams have adjusted, or he's just fighting it internally right now.

Not sure what you're trying to nitpick, the op referred to 90 in 82, because McDavid actually had 90 points after his first 82 NHL games.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
McDavid is a deadly goal scorer when he can get in close on a goalie. But he doesn't have an elite shot as others have mentioned.

Needs more strength and practice on it. Even dating back to his bantam days his shot was his weak point. He's still a scrawny teenager when you look at him that I think he definitely has some room to improve.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Needs 9 points in the next 5 games to hit 100 career points before his 20th birthday. Only 20 players in the history of NHL has done that to date.

Think he can break out of his current slump big time in the next few days and do that?

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Also, just to note, when you're comparing McDavid's point totals to Crosby's first full season for instance, scoring is way down leaguewide compared to what it was that season so 90 points in 82 games now is way more impressive than it would have been in '05-'06. Also keep in mind that McDavid has no high end offensive defensemen to get him the puck in transition.

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
sid with 56 goals, 52 assists and 108 points in his last 82 for reference and those saying McDavid has passed him already

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad