Connor McDavid vs Cale Makar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who Is the More Valuable Player?

• Cale Makar

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • Connor McDavid

Votes: 162 83.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Cale Makar is 23 years old and is locked into a 9 million per year contract until he is 28.

I get that McJesus cannot be touched in terms of best player but surely Makar's contract and age raise his value in comparison to McDavid.

And?

McDavid is less than 2 yrs older than Makar and is locked into his contract until age 29. Why are you acting like McDavid is 5 years older than he really is?

To reiterate, Makar is 23 yrs 270 days old, McDavid is 25 yrs 195 days old.

Reactions: PuckG

jigglysquishy

Jun 20, 2011
Regina, Saskatchewan
The age difference between Makar and McDavid is basically the same as Ovechkin and Crosby. But Crosby and Ovechkin debuted the same season so were considered the same age by the media.

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
And?

McDavid is less than 2 yrs older than Makar and is locked into his contract until age 29. Why are you acting like McDavid is 5 years older than he really is?

To reiterate, Makar is 23 yrs 270 days old, McDavid is 25 yrs 195 days old.
Makar is locked into 9 million per year until 28. Mcdavid is locked in at 12.5 million until 29.

Does that not make Makar's value closer to McDavid's?

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
I mean, McDavid is up in 4 years, so you get 1 extra year for Makar? I mean if it was like 6 year vs 1 year of control sure but...
My point is contract and age combined for Makar increases his value. Not Makar's age in comparison to McDavid's age.

McDavid at 12.5 from 20 to 29 years old and Makar at 9 from 22 to 28 years old, increases Makar's value in comparison to McDavid.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
McDavid is the best player in the world, but I personally think a younger player (23 vs 25) signed for $3.5m less a year ($9m vs $12.5m) and with an extra year in term is the more valuable of the two players. I think that extra $3.5m per year is the biggest value boost.

Reactions: CloutierForVezina

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
Makar is great and is IMO #2 in the league but this is still McDavid. If Makar comes out next year and wins a Norris + a Hart or another Conn Smythe it becomes a much better question.

Makar did clearly outplay McDavid in the Avs-Oilers series by a pretty distinct margin but he needs much more of a track record before he can seriously challenge McDavid, even with his better contract situation.

CloutierForVezina

May 13, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
McDavid is pretty clearly the best player in the league and the better asset in a vacuum if you discount contracts.

With contracts included I think this swings back towards Makar. You get an extra year which tips the scales quite a lot, and you save 3.5M/year on top of that.

5 years of Makar @ 9M > 4 years of McDavid @ 12.5M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad