Value of: Connor Brown

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Definitely makes sense from a Flames perspective. Maybe for Ottawa. Valimaki fits in their timeline and would be their 2nd best LHD right now. I do think he's got low 1st, high 2nd rd pick value. We might need to add a mid round pick or equivalent prospect. I think Brown is probably worth a pick around the 20th OA mark.

Sens fan here.

Ottawa could use a RD but we have a ton of LD on the team or coming up with Chabot, Sanderson coming at the end of the season, Brannstrom, Mete, MDZ.

Valimaki would probably play 3rd pair and C.Brown is too important to Ottawa if Valimaki is to play behind Chabot and Sanderson.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Thanks Gents

hat-tip.gif

As a Flames fan I'd do it in a heartbeat. I love Connor Brown and we need a RW badly. Him and Mangiapane played well together at the WHC too.

3rd party fan that thinks it's a real solid base.

Definitely makes sense from a Flames perspective. Maybe for Ottawa. Valimaki fits in their timeline and would be their 2nd best LHD right now. I do think he's got low 1st, high 2nd rd pick value. We might need to add a mid round pick or equivalent prospect. I think Brown is probably worth a pick around the 20th OA mark.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
As a Leaf fan easy offer of 1st+, would pay more for 25% retention, then pay Arizona for another 37.5%.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Brennan Othmann+2nd
I can't see our organization trading away an 18 year old for Connor Brown. I didn't really like the Othmann pick for the 16th overall and he is going to be another NYR prospect who needs to improve some skating, but we don't have a lot of shooters in our prospect pool. This guy will shoot from anywhere with a quick, accurate shot.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
We would need to send back money to fit Brown in .

2023 1st + Turris + Benson . Benson is still a prospect and would've went in the first round in his draft if he wasn't injured . He doesn't seem to be an NHL player but is good in the AHL and should take some pressure off your prospects .

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018

2023 1st + Turris + Benson . Benson is still a prospect and would've went in the first round in his draft if he wasn't injured . He doesn't seem to be an NHL player but is good in the AHL and should take some pressure off your prospects .

OT: What are your thoughts on a swap of Koskinen and Forsberg as a means of clearing salary?

My thought:
Koskinen + Turris for Forsberg + MDZ

I dont think we will trade Brown until next year at the earliest.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
At 50% retention? Coleman’s more built but is also shorter. Coleman does have the advantage of physically. I could easily see Brown returning a qst and a 2nd in value
Maybe a 1st and 2nd. I'm a big fan of Brown, but I do think Tampa overpaid for Coleman a bit. Of course the Islanders also overpaid for Pageau. You could be right. I just think picks in the next 2 really strong drafts will have more value. I'd be surprised if he returns more than a 1st.

Ledge And Dairy

Maybe a 1st and 2nd. I'm a big fan of Brown, but I do think Tampa overpaid for Coleman a bit. Of course the Islanders also overpaid for Pageau. You could be right. I just think picks in the next 2 really strong drafts will have more value. I'd be surprised if he returns more than a 1st.
Tampa definitely tells you they dont care since they won the cup (twice) and coleman was a major reason why. Never understand why people value picks over the cup so highly

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Tampa definitely tells you they dont care since they won the cup (twice) and coleman was a major reason why. Never understand why people value picks over the cup so highly
I understand they will take the cups and pay the overpayment for Goodrow and Coleman. I think everyone on the planet understands that. Calgary is not Tampa. Our 1st likely won't be pick #31 like Tampa's. This team isn't a Connor Brown away from being the cup favorite. We are a middling roster with a good coach. If the price is reasonable I'd still like to add him, but I'm not making an overpayment without being a top 5-8 team in the league.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
OT: What are your thoughts on a swap of Koskinen and Forsberg as a means of clearing salary?

My thought:
Koskinen + Turris for Forsberg + MDZ

I dont think we will trade Brown until next year at the earliest.

I haven't followed Ottawa lately . How has Forsberg looked . I wish we kept him . Also how has MDZ looked , He would be the biggest concern

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011

Benson is the Oilers version of Kylington. A player who should be playing, but for some unknown reason isn't. I wish we would have scooped him on waivers.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I haven't followed Ottawa lately . How has Forsberg looked . I wish we kept him . Also how has MDZ looked , He would be the biggest concern

I really wanted Brown for a few years . So he my main target .

Hyman McDavid Pujujarvi
RNH Draisaitl Yamamoto/Brown
Foegele McLeod/XXX Brown/Yamamoto
Archibald Ryan Kassian

Brown would really change the Oilers top 9

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Benson is the Oilers version of Kylington. A player who should be playing, but for some unknown reason isn't. I wish we would have scooped him on waivers.

Pretty much but I think Kylington is starting to get it ,Benson not so much . A change may do him good .

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I really wanted Brown for a few years . So he my main target .

Hyman McDavid Pujujarvi
RNH Draisaitl Yamamoto/Brown
Foegele McLeod/XXX Brown/Yamamoto
Archibald Ryan Kassian

Brown would really change the Oilers top 9

Brown would be a great get for the oilers. I really thought they should have moved on from RNH and traded for Buchnevich. He would have been ideal with Drai or mcDavid or both

Ledge And Dairy

I understand they will take the cups and pay the overpayment for Goodrow and Coleman. I think everyone on the planet understands that. Calgary is not Tampa. Our 1st likely won't be pick #31 like Tampa's. This team isn't a Connor Brown away from being the cup favorite. We are a middling roster with a good coach. If the price is reasonable I'd still like to add him, but I'm not making an overpayment without being a top 5-8 team in the league.
Tampa didn't trade pick 31 for Coleman though. They gave New Jersey Vancouver's 1st. Which was 20th OA in a very deep draft. I am also not talking specifically about Calgary I am saying what I would highly expect Browns return to be at 50% retention

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Sens fan here.

Ottawa could use a RD but we have a ton of LD on the team or coming up with Chabot, Sanderson coming at the end of the season, Brannstrom, Mete, MDZ.

Valimaki would probably play 3rd pair and C.Brown is too important to Ottawa if Valimaki is to play behind Chabot and Sanderson.
Valimaki can play RD. Thats the spot he played in Finland last year for 18 or so games where he scored 18 or so pts.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
To Calgary: Brown (50% retained), White

To Ottawa: 2022 1st, Monahan, Lucic

Calgary get Brown at half his cap hit, plus a 3C in White who should be back for the playoffs. In the meantime, with White on LTIR, the Flames open up approx. 10 million in cap space to add additional win-now pieces for their playoff run

Ottawa get a 2022 1st rd pick, while also dumping White's long term contract. Monahan and Lucic don't offer much on-ice value at this point, but maybe with a change of scenery Monahan can up his value around the league, and Ottawa can flip him with retention to bring in additional long term assets

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Brown will likely garner a package similar to that of Pageau.
1st, 2nd and a third. Or equivalent value.
Ottawa won’t take a cap dump. They won’t need to in order to get good value back for him.

He’s signed at an absolute bargain for two years, this year and next and can play up and down the lineup as the team pleases.

If he’s available come TDL day, he will be a hot commodity.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Brown would be a great get for the oilers. I really thought they should have moved on from RNH and traded for Buchnevich. He would have been ideal with Drai or mcDavid or both

RNH has been very good . I am happy he is back the way he is playing . I was also one of many Oiler fans that wanted to move on from him . I was wrong !

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I could see Ottawa doing that. It will give fill the center hole and give you a better measuring stick as to what to pay Norris. I don't know if Calgary would though.

Cap space is key for Calgary this upcoming year with Gaudreau, Mangiapane, Tkachuk, Kylington all needing new deals and we have a massive hole at RW since Iginla left. Losing a bit of cap and getting a top 6 RWer is a pretty big win not to mention we have 1 offensive defenseman and Brannstrom could get a chance here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad