Value of: Connor Brown

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Ottawa sucks again.

But Connor Brown is a versatile 2nd line RWer. He scored 21 goals and 35 points in 56 games last year, had 43 in 71 the year before, and has 7 in 11 this season.

He can play up and down the lineup, kill penalties, is the definition of a "glue" guy, and signed at a reasonable $3.6M cap hit for this year and next.

He's currently in his prime, which doesn't line up with when the Senators will be competitive. After this contract, he'll likely price himself too high to stick around.

What would you offer?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Could see him getting a Hyman-type deal on his next contract. He's a very good 2nd/3rd liner.

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Ottawa sucks again.

But Connor Brown is a versatile 2nd line RWer. He scored 21 goals and 35 points in 56 games last year, had 43 in 71 the year before, and has 7 in 11 this season.

He can play up and down the lineup, kill penalties, is the definition of a "glue" guy, and signed at a reasonable $3.6M cap hit for this year and next.

He's currently in his prime, which doesn't line up with when the Senators will be competitive. After this contract, he'll likely price himself too high to stick around.

What would you offer?

What do you mean by again?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I'd be floored if he signed a deal that size

50/82GP pace the last 2 seasons. Great two-way player and excellent PKer like Hyman.

That's about 10P/82GP less than Hyman, but he's not getting his numbers pumped from playing with Matthews, Marner, Tavares and Nylander.

He's a similar quality player so I wouldn't be surprised if he got a similar contract.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think if the Sens trade Connor Brown now it will be as stupid as when they traded away Dylan Demelo. You already have a ton of young pieces. Keep your good players and let the young guys grow in a better atmosphere.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
3rd party fan that thinks it's a real solid base.
Definitely makes sense from a Flames perspective. Maybe for Ottawa. Valimaki fits in their timeline and would be their 2nd best LHD right now. I do think he's got low 1st, high 2nd rd pick value. We might need to add a mid round pick or equivalent prospect. I think Brown is probably worth a pick around the 20th OA mark.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Retain 50% at the TDL and you should easily be looking at a Coleman return. Very similar players
Similar in a sense. Coleman is definitely twice the size though and a better skater. He won't get what Coleman got, but that was essentially 2 1st round picks.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
50/82GP pace the last 2 seasons. Great two-way player and excellent PKer like Hyman.

That's about 10P/82GP less than Hyman, but he's not getting his numbers pumped from playing with Matthews, Marner, Tavares and Nylander.

He's a similar quality player so I wouldn't be surprised if he got a similar contract.

I love Browner but there’s more than points with Hyman. There’s a reason he was glued to those guys for the last few years. He is a possession beast.

Brown will get a solid contract. But probably more like $4-$4.5m x 4 years.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
1st + Kassian for Brown

Kassian has to go for the cap to work. 2 options here, use him to protect a young Sens roster or move him to a team like Pittsburgh for a late pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad