Value of: Connor Brown to NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I'm glad Gulutzan is reminded of Kopitar when he sees Draisaitl, it doesn't mean that Draisaitl is comparable to one of the 5 players in NHL history that's won a Selke Trophy while scoring 90+ points in a season, who happens to be one of the better two-way players in the history of the game.

Artemi Panarin's style of play has many similarities to Pavel Datsyuk's. Both small, wiry players who are shifty and deceptively strong for their size, with great hands who posess great hockey IQ's and are great at pick-pocketing players and using body position and leverage to help win loose puck and 50/50 battles. With that said, is Artemi Panarin anywhere close to the two-way player that Pavel Datsyuk was? Absolutely not.

Coaches pump up their players all of the time. It means nothing.
Draisaitl will be a top 10 vote getter for the Selke this season if his play continues. He's become a dominant 2 way player.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Georgiev has been one of the worst goalies this year, arguably worse than the goalies that have played for Ottawa this year. Easy pass.
I’m not going to sit here and say Georgiev has been good. I am going to say that he hasn’t been launch into the sun at all cost or dump for a 7 bad either. I will say that I think it’s likely he would benefit from a change of scenery.

Reactions: One Winged Angel

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Draisaitl will be a top 10 vote getter for the Selke this season if his play continues. He's become a dominant 2 way player.

I'm not saying he's a bad two way player. I believe he's better than many would give credit for defensively.

With that said, he's nowhere near a Selke caliber defender.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I'm not saying he's a bad two way player. I believe he's better than many would give credit for defensively.

With that said, he's nowhere near a Selke caliber defender.

This is incorrect. He'll get Selke votes this season. 2 years ago he was terrible defensively. I haven't seen a player turn their defensive game around this fast since Yzerman and Modano did it.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
This is incorrect. He'll get Selke votes this season. 2 years ago he was terrible defensively. I haven't seen a player turn their defensive game around this fast since Yzerman and Modano did it.

Award voting doesn't mean a lot to me unless the player is a finalist. Homer votes get thrown out there.

Marcus Foligno got a 1st place selke vote last year and 3 3rd place votes. Is Marcus Foligno a top-3 defensive forward in the league?

Jordan Staal, Philip Danault and Jean-Gabriel Pageau also got 1st place votes. Are any of those players even considered a top-5 defensive forward in the league?

Nathan MacKinnon got a 4th and 5th place vote, while Mikko Rantanen got a 3rd and a 4th place vote.

Anthony Cirelli got 2 4th place votes and a 5th place vote.

Radek Faksa got a 3rd place vote.

Logan Couture and Zach Hyman got a 4th place vote a piece.

Luke Glendening got 2 5th place votes.

Auston Matthews and Connor McDavid, who you just said is terrible defensively, each got a 5th place vote.

Nick Paul got a 5th place vote.

I think I've proven my point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad