Value of: Connor Brown to NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TkachukMyAho

Apr 13, 2007
I won't throw a offer out their but Rangers are going to need to move some cap space and also have cap flexibility moving forward. One deal and still tight to the cap is not enough flexibility.

What Ottawa needs and pieces NYR has may match. Biggest thing is cap space we can help NYR with for the future is priceless.

Kravtsov is interesting to the Sens. Now Laff is something they would be interested in also and before you laugh me out of the forum think about what you could do with a Georgiev , Trouba off the books also.

Kravtsov, Laff, Georgiev, Trouba for Brown, Paul, Teirney and Zaitsev and we retain all the salary allowing you to still make another move for the playoff run.

It sounds a bit crazy but Drew's up tons of cash long term for you and fills a couple holes for us. We probably only need Laff and Kravtsov to be honest.

Just having some fun here.

NYR GM would be tarred and feathered if he made this move. That said, I love it for Ottawa! Do it.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I won't throw a offer out their but Rangers are going to need to move some cap space and also have cap flexibility moving forward. One deal and still tight to the cap is not enough flexibility.

What Ottawa needs and pieces NYR has may match. Biggest thing is cap space we can help NYR with for the future is priceless.

Kravtsov is interesting to the Sens. Now Laff is something they would be interested in also and before you laugh me out of the forum think about what you could do with a Georgiev , Trouba off the books also.

Kravtsov, Laff, Georgiev, Trouba for Brown, Paul, Teirney and Zaitsev and we retain all the salary allowing you to still make another move for the playoff run.

It sounds a bit crazy but Drew's up tons of cash long term for you and fills a couple holes for us. We probably only need Laff and Kravtsov to be honest.

Trouba has a full NMC. Do you honestly think he would wave it to leave New York City, where his partner is getting a medical degree, to come to Ottawa, to a team owned by Eugene Melnyk?

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City

The Rangers are not going to trade Lafrenierre + for anything short of McDavid anytime soon.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

This is absolutely horrendous for NY.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Trouba controls where he goes w/iron clad nmc thru + incl season after next
he is 111% here all this yr.
He may agree to go 1 yr early but we will have to bend over backwards to send him to his desired location of choice.

For whatev reason, right or wrong, he specifically wanted out of Canada when he managed his way out of Wini, so I wouldn't expect it.

We are not dealing Krav + LaF

Reactions: TFHockey

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
This one might be your best one yet.

The Rangers would trade Lafrenière for a player that already plays on their team?

Ok, Chiarelli.
You don't figure Adam Fox has more value than Lafreniere? Ok then... How about Leon Draisaitl? If you actually understood the smallest thing about hockey you would know he's the best player on the planet right now. (I hate the Oilers btw).

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
You don't figure Adam Fox has more value than Lafreniere?

That’s not the point, slappy.

The point is you don’t trade for players already on your team.

If you understood the smallest thing about sports, you’d know this.

Ok then... How about Leon Draisaitl? If you actually understood the smallest thing about hockey you would know he's the best player on the planet right now. (I hate the Oilers btw).

You ever heard of this guy McDavid? He’s won 4 Art Ross’, 2 Hart’s and 3 Pearson’s in 6 seasons prior.

Draisaitl having 1 more point than McDavid doesn’t change the fact that McDavid is the best player in the world and anyone who knows the smallest thing about sports knows this.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
This one might be your best one yet.

The Rangers would trade Lafrenière for a player that already plays on their team?

Ok, Chiarelli.
You missed that posters point entirely. What he's trying to say is there's tons of players in the league with more value than Lafreniere, and Fox is one of those players.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Good then a team not NYR will pay that
Gotta believe a comparable or slightly lesser guy who meets NYR need for a secondary scoring RW can be had for less

NyR not seeking a guy who'd cost 3 pieces

A rental like Reilly Smith would be adequate, and won't cost 2 high-upside assets+more
Why wouldnt Smith cost that much? I dont get it. Look what these types of players return. Seems like you want a good player but arent willing to pay for it.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

You gotta be kidding me. Lol I am a sens fan and this is the most outrageous trade proposal I have ever seen. Ottawa trades the worst contract by far and gets Lafreniere and Kravstov.... And the best piece they give up is 1.5 years of Connor Brown. Am I missing something?

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
That’s not the point, slappy.

The point is you don’t trade for players already on your team.

If you understood the smallest thing about sports, you’d know this.

You ever heard of this guy McDavid? He’s won 4 Art Ross’, 2 Hart’s and 3 Pearson’s in 6 seasons prior.

Draisaitl having 1 more point than McDavid doesn’t change the fact that McDavid is the best player in the world and anyone who knows the smallest thing about sports knows this.

You really don't have a clue. Draisaitl is miles better than McDavid defensively now. He's also become a pretty dominant faceoff man. I'd say McDavid is the better offensive player. Leon is the better overall player though. Even Oiler fans who bow down to their home McDavid shrines are starting to acknowledge this.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Why wouldnt Smith cost that much? I dont get it. Look what these types of players return. Seems like you want a good player but aren't willing to pay for it.

no, that's was not my point
actually i don't want any player, i believe in NYR's depth and prospects, much more concerned about not overpaying,
with teams eyeballing NYR's pipeline and seeking opportunity in their early season success

my post replied to this:
"1st+a good prospect+replacement player probably. Brown at his current cap-hit is an awesome deal.
At 50% it'd create a huge bidding war."

compared to the proposal, acquiring Smith
- would not include retention (retention raises price) and
- would not include future seasons (raises price, as when TB acquired Coleman/Goodrow).
and btw Vegas needs to clear cap before activating LTIR players such as Eichel

I am not averse to paying for value,
just saying NYR probably
- not looking for a piece that will cost 3 assets
- only looking at rentals, given crowded future Cap

I don't see that as unreasonable given past examples, but i may be wrong

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
no, that's was not my point
actually i don't want any player, i believe in NYR's depth and prospects, much more concerned about not overpaying,
with teams eyeballing NYR's pipeline and seeking opportunity in their early season success

my post replied to this:
"1st+a good prospect+replacement player probably. Brown at his current cap-hit is an awesome deal.
At 50% it'd create a huge bidding war."

compared to the proposal, acquiring Smith
- would not include retention (retention raises price) and
- would not include future seasons (raises price, as when TB acquired Coleman/Goodrow).
and btw Vegas needs to clear cap before activating LTIR players such as Eichel

I am not averse to paying for value,
just saying NYR probably
- not looking for a piece that will cost 3 assets
- only looking at rentals, given crowded future Cap

I don't see that as unreasonable given past examples, but i may be wrong
Its understandable from your perspective but you need to look what these types of players have been traded for lately. Its a 1st plus sometimes 1st plus plus. I also think the Rangers shouldnt do anything they gotta see what this team does in the playoffs and react from there. Its different hockey and its a young group. Like you said they have lots of assets, need to know your holes before spending.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
You missed that posters point entirely. What he's trying to say is there's tons of players in the league with more value than Lafreniere, and Fox is one of those players.

I didn't miss the point.

I know that there are tons of players in the league that have more value than Lafreniere. I also understand that the Rangers aren't going to deal a #1 overall pick that has franchise/elite potential.

Fox just isn't one of those players that they'd trade for because he plays on the same team.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
You really don't have a clue. Draisaitl is miles better than McDavid defensively now. He's also become a pretty dominant faceoff man. I'd say McDavid is the better offensive player. Leon is the better overall player though. Even Oiler fans who bow down to their home McDavid shrines are starting to acknowledge this.

No, YOU really don't have a clue. McDavid's defensive game is much improved and Draisaitl is nowhere near a Selke caliber player.

You need to really stop talking about players you have no clue about.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
No, YOU really don't have a clue. McDavid's defensive game is much improved and Draisaitl is nowhere near a Selke caliber player.

Oh mercy. Draisaitl has gone from an abysmal defensive player to a upper 10% player in terms of his defense. McDavid is bottom 25% in terms of HDSCA. It's the flaw in his game. Draisaitl is a perfect hockey player now. McDavid is utilized in higher skews than almost any player in the game. 72% Ozone starts. That's right in line with players like the Sedins. His coach definitely agrees with me. Draisaitl plays PK, McDavid doesn't. Draisaitl plays significantly more with a 1 goal lead.

Off the Top of My Head

Article where Oilers coaches are comparing Draisaitl to Kopitar.

Last edited:

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Oh mercy. Draisaitl has gone from an abysmal defensive player to a upper 10% player in terms of his defense. McDavid is bottom 25% in terms of HDSCA. It's the flaw in his game. Draisaitl is a perfect hockey player now. McDavid is utilized in higher skews than almost any player in the game. 72% Ozone starts. That's right in line with players like the Sedins. His coach definitely agrees with me. Draisaitl plays PK, McDavid doesn't. Draisaitl plays significantly more with a 1 goal lead.

Let's not derail this thread. Perhaps we can get back to Ottawa fans demanding too much for Connor Brown and Ranger fans offering too little, K?

RickyLafleur

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Georgiev is not 7th rounder bad. He is sulking because he isn’t getting more games but he’s also stuck behind a Vezina candidate. If he has a legit chance to start, you probably are going to get more out of him, but he definitely needs a change of scenery. This doesn’t mean that he has the same value as Brown (who would be a great pickup if affordable) but he’s not chopped liver either.

Would be very happy to acquire Briwn but not sure how realistic unless Ottawa takes some salary back. May not need 50% retention but if (for example) they could take Nemeth’s contract back that would be a big help that could increase the return.
Georgiev has been one of the worst goalies this year, arguably worse than the goalies that have played for Ottawa this year. Easy pass.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island

Off the Top of My Head

Article where Oilers coaches are comparing Draisaitl to Kopitar.

I'm glad Gulutzan is reminded of Kopitar when he sees Draisaitl, it doesn't mean that Draisaitl is comparable to one of the 5 players in NHL history that's won a Selke Trophy while scoring 90+ points in a season, who happens to be one of the better two-way players in the history of the game.

Artemi Panarin's style of play has many similarities to Pavel Datsyuk's. Both small, wiry players who are shifty and deceptively strong for their size, with great hands who posess great hockey IQ's and are great at pick-pocketing players and using body position and leverage to help win loose puck and 50/50 battles. With that said, is Artemi Panarin anywhere close to the two-way player that Pavel Datsyuk was? Absolutely not.

Coaches pump up their players all of the time. It means nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad