Value of: Connor Brown to NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
What would Ottawa want for Connor Brown?

How much of a premium would you require to retain 50%?

He seems like he'd be a decent fit for the Rangers this year and at 1.7 next year would be manageable.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Ottawa doesn’t retain on players to add value, hell they wouldn’t even trade within their division with Hoffman for more value, and that didn’t cost any additional money.

We are so thin on RW it’s better to just keep him for another season. The value we get back for trading 1.75 years of Brown now compared .5 years of Brown at the deadline next year is offset by his one year service here.

We probably won’t even get additional value, we probably get the same return if we trade him now or then. And if there’s more value, again it’s offset by a year and a bit of service.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
1st+a good prospect+replacement player probably.

Brown at his current caphit is an awesome deal. At 50% itd create a huge bidding war.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
1st+a good prospect+replacement player probably.

Brown at his current caphit is an awesome deal. At 50% itd create a huge bidding war.
Good then a team not NYR will pay that
Gotta believe a comparable or slightly lesser guy who meets NYR need for a secondary scoring RW can be had for less

NyR not seeking a guy who'd cost 3 pieces

A rental like Reilly Smith would be adequate, and won't cost 2 high-upside assets+more

Ledge And Dairy

Good then a team not NYR will pay that
Gotta believe a comparable or slightly lesser guy who meets NYR need for a secondary scoring RW can be had for less

NyR not seeking a guy who'd cost 3 pieces

A rental like Reilly Smith would be adequate, and won't cost 2 high-upside assets+more
That is why rentals cost so much less than guys with term.

The cost for Brown should be around the same as Coleman

Reactions: MisterT

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
What would Ottawa want for Connor Brown?

How much of a premium would you require to retain 50%?

He seems like he'd be a decent fit for the Rangers this year and at 1.7 next year would be manageable.

not to be a jerk but cap is so tight next season we will not be able to pay even the 1.7
if you think I'm wrong, do the math and show it...

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Ottawa doesn’t retain on players to add value, hell they wouldn’t even trade within their division with Hoffman for more value, and that didn’t cost any additional money.

We are so thin on RW it’s better to just keep him for another season. The value we get back for trading 1.75 years of Brown now compared .5 years of Brown at the deadline next year is offset by his one year service here.

We probably won’t even get additional value, we probably get the same return if we trade him now or then. And if there’s more value, again it’s offset by a year and a bit of service.
Not taking about retaining for 5 years, but next year the rangers cap is going to be tight. The following year they should be in better shape when they are able to trade 1 of trouba/kreider, gets some low buyout money back, and hopefully the cap will go up 3-4 mill.
This year the rangers have plenty of cap space available. So if they do swing any type of significant trade, I can see them paying a little more to have some team eat some cap this/next year. Priority Being mainly next season.
I do think OTT is def 1 of the teams that remains highly interested in Kravtsov, and if they swing a deal with NYR, they’d love to have him in the package.
Due to his size/skill combo, and the fact that he’s a RW, he’d fit like a glove with what OTT is building over there.
Especially if they don’t have to part with any of their young top 6-7 guys and Greig/Boucher.
Kravstov s value is def not the same as when he was taken 9 OVA, but it’s tough to gauge because he’s not really a bust or a reclamation project. He’d prob be playing top 6 min with panarin and strome if he didn’t bolt to Russia and report to Hartford.
Drury isn’t just going to give him away with all those years of control left. He’s worth more then what Lias brought back due to his higher ceiling and playing well in the K, but he’s def not bringing back a 1st, even a late one on his own.
That’s why I think he’ll be an add in/sweetener on a larger trade perhaps.

Last edited:

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Brown isn't going anywhere. You can have Chris Tierney for a 3rd.

no thanks

rangers could use Brown on the Panarin line

Kravtsov and Georgiev for Forsberg and Brown ?

i agree Brown likely going no where but is that offer fair ?

Reactions: Yak

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
no thanks

Hard to assess Georgiev’s value as there was just a thread offering Georgie for a 7th. So Brown vs Krav, Brown has more value right now.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Hard to assess Georgiev’s value as there was just a thread offering Georgie for a 7th. So Brown vs Krav, Brown has more value right now.
Georgiev is not 7th rounder bad. He is sulking because he isn’t getting more games but he’s also stuck behind a Vezina candidate. If he has a legit chance to start, you probably are going to get more out of him, but he definitely needs a change of scenery. This doesn’t mean that he has the same value as Brown (who would be a great pickup if affordable) but he’s not chopped liver either.

Would be very happy to acquire Briwn but not sure how realistic unless Ottawa takes some salary back. May not need 50% retention but if (for example) they could take Nemeth’s contract back that would be a big help that could increase the return.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Brown for Kravtsov
no thanks

Strome is not back.
Georgiev is not back.
Nemeth will/could be dealt

It would be tight, but it can be done

show me the $$

doing this rough ballpark, we are adding
Zib from 5.35 now to 8,5 next season = 3.15 add
and
Fox from elc 925k to 9.5 next season = 8.755 add

that's almost 12m add

so
Strome 4.5 + Geo 2.425 = 6.925, I'm too lazy to do exact math right now
so call it 7
you recover .925 Fox was gonna get on his elc
also Hajek 874,125 is ballpark another 1.8
that is 8.8 ish
Nemeth, assuming a taker w/o retetention, is another 2.5
we are at 11.3
we are still upwards of 1m short
we recover 1.5 on Hank buyout cap hit expiring.

we are just barely there

we need $ for a cheap show me deal for Blais
and we need to scrape $for Kakko
I think he's patient w/us 1 yr-ish as we all see Trouba replaced by Schneider

But coupla others also need at least a token raise

handful of guys like don't replace McKegg
but that is close to min each

conclusion
unless/until we move Trouba, we have no room

none

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I think this is a fair deal value wise but it's more of the type of trade a team makes if they are in a win-now position. I don't think the Rangers are there yet.

Rangers are close enuf
but win now is usually an erroneous illusion.

They need another season of good drafting b'c they have blue chips but not a surplus except maybe Jones who is in mold of Fox lite.

Once they have a surplus, then they can consider an indulge from position of strength, not desperation.

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
I won't throw a offer out their but Rangers are going to need to move some cap space and also have cap flexibility moving forward. One deal and still tight to the cap is not enough flexibility.

What Ottawa needs and pieces NYR has may match. Biggest thing is cap space we can help NYR with for the future is priceless.

Kravtsov is interesting to the Sens. Now Laff is something they would be interested in also and before you laugh me out of the forum think about what you could do with a Georgiev , Trouba off the books also.

Kravtsov, Laff, Georgiev, Trouba for Brown, Paul, Teirney and Zaitsev and we retain all the salary allowing you to still make another move for the playoff run.

It sounds a bit crazy but Drew's up tons of cash long term for you and fills a couple holes for us. We probably only need Laff and Kravtsov to be honest.

Just having some fun here.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
no thanks

From a hypothetical value perspective - sure, he value is there however from a realistic perspective Ottawa is not interested.

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
I won't throw a offer out their but Rangers are going to need to move some cap space and also have cap flexibility moving forward. One deal and still tight to the cap is not enough flexibility.

What Ottawa needs and pieces NYR has may match. Biggest thing is cap space we can help NYR with for the future is priceless.

Kravtsov is interesting to the Sens. Now Laff is something they would be interested in also and before you laugh me out of the forum think about what you could do with a Georgiev , Trouba off the books also.

Kravtsov, Laff, Georgiev, Trouba for Brown, Paul, Teirney and Zaitsev and we retain all the salary allowing you to still make another move for the playoff run.

It sounds a bit crazy but Drew's up tons of cash long term for you and fills a couple holes for us. We probably only need Laff and Kravtsov to be honest.

Just having some fun here.
That’s a awful deal for the rangers lmao

Reactions: TFHockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad