Proposal: Connor Brown to EDM?

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I'm not a fan of the contract due to the years, but I don't see it as nearly as bad as a couple of Leafs got rid of like Phaneuf and Clarkson.

Leafs did have to take back pretty significant contracts to get rid of those guys, they just buried them in the AHL/IR for the most part though

I don't think Zaitsev's contract will be a huge problem to unload, but I think they'll need to take back some salary (even if it is dead salary)

Could see them getting a pick on top of that, just dont think it will be straight up

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Brown makes more sense to trade to a team that needs forwards and has cap room, see Carolina.

I could see a Brown for TVR type trade being a framework of a summer/deadline deal

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
The Leafs have had interest in Kris Russell before wonder if that’s a fit.

Some Oiler fans would get rid of him for salary alone... but he's been a solid performer (in most of our books) and we just simply have zero depth on D. Can't get rid of him until we are healthy (and even then I'd keep him for this year).

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Leafs did have to take back pretty significant contracts to get rid of those guys, they just buried them in the AHL/IR for the most part though

I don't think Zaitsev's contract will be a huge problem to unload, but I think they'll need to take back some salary (even if it is dead salary)

Could see them getting a pick on top of that, just dont think it will be straight up
See, I'm not part of the crowd that thinks zaitsevs contract is awful. For the actual aav, it's in line with what I see a 2nd pairing defensive defenceman should get. Yes, the term is a bit of a hangup, but imho having term on a guy and knowing exactly what he brings isn't a terrible thing. With his play improving closely to the zaitsev the leafs saw in his first year that earned him the contract it's not as if he's an anchor out there either. I won't defend his play last year because it was awful, but he's had steady play this year to the point where I'm not scared to have him on the ice in the last 2 minutes to defend a lead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad