Value of: Connor Brown to contender

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Connor Brown would play 3rd line minutes and put up 30 points on a good team.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
Connor Brown would play 3rd line minutes and put up 30 points on a good team.
Just like Blake Coleman.

At this deadline to a contender who gets him for 2 playoff runs, a similar package to what Tampa paid would be the price: Nolan Foote and Vancouver’s first (20oa).

Brown is comparable in every way to Coleman at the time of the trade (age, style, size) - but is a little more experienced (100 games or so), has slightly higher counting stats and is more expensive (Coleman was $1.8m AAv).

At next year’s deadline Ottawa would look for a similar package to Pageau (top 3 protected 1st, 2nd, 3rd) but would probably settle for a little less - since Pageau is a a centre and was a little younger when traded.

Last edited:

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Just like Blake Coleman.

At this deadline to a contender who gets him for 2 playoff runs, a similar package to what Tampa paid would be the price: Nolan Foote and Vancouver’s first (20oa).

Brown is comparable in every way to Coleman at the time of the trade (age, style, size) - but is a little more experienced (100 games or so), has slightly higher counting stats and is more expensive (Coleman was $1.8m AAv).

At next year’s deadline Ottawa would look for a similar package to Pageau (top 3 protected 1st, 2nd, 3rd) but would probably settle for a little less - since Pageau is a a centre and was a little younger when traded.
Coleman is faster and a better checker. I don't think Brown will bring that level of return. I'd expect a 1st and taking back some cap.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Just like Blake Coleman.

He's not close to being as impactful as Coleman.

Reactions: Double Dion

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Brown played nearly 3 minutes per game on the PK last year, which was the third most among forwards in the NHL. He had 5 shorties last which was tops in the league. This year he’s averaging 2 and a half per game.

He was also second in the NHL in takeaways with 57. He had a +27 giveaway for takeaways ratio that also ranked him second in the NHL.

Brown is one of the best defensive wingers in the game - simple as that.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Ottawa is yet again, terrible.
Brown may be available at the TDL but he won’t come cheap.
Brown has 2 more years left with an AAV of 3.6M - an absolute steal for what he brings to the table game in and out.

What do you got?

I would love him in Edmonton . Not sure the money would work as we need a goalie and upgrade on LD . If there a deal to be made let me know ?

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Based on what metrics?

If you read my post later on in the thread I explain why Brown is one of the best defensive forwards in the NHL.
FFJza-oWUAAjohj

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I agree with my Leaf fans, a guy who can be good in the playoffs...or at least play hard.
He would be always welcomed back.

When was he ever good in the playoffs? He was consistently a huge disappointment.

Same problem as Hyman, if your game is built around giving it 110% every shift in the regular season, you have nowhere to elevate your game when everyone else kicks it into high gear for the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad