GDT: Columbus vs Toronto || 7 March 2022 7pm EST | ESPN+/Hulu

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
what does mean, seriously this team lacks so much everything you can imagine

It means that JF Berube won’t be here in 2+ years, maybe even next year. Thus, means nothing to the long term future of the Jackets.

This team lacks defensive discipline, strength, experience, and center play. It isn’t that deep

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
It means that JF Berube won’t be here in 2+ years, maybe even next year. Thus, means nothing to the long term future of the Jackets.

This team lacks defensive discipline, strength, experience, and center play. It isn’t that deep

you think someone is?

also they lack talent

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
He got sent back to Cleveland earlier today. Yeah, he does.
LOL Obviously.

Jarmo can't be looking at Elvis of late and thinking "Boy I feel great out about 5 more years of Elvis"

Obviously Berube isnt a long term part of this team but he's losing us games when the team is fighting hard.

That's on Elvis, and he's becoming less and less reliable.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
LOL Obviously.

Jarmo can't be looking at Elvis of late and thinking "Boy I feel great out about 5 more years of Elvis"

Obviously Berube isnt a long term part of this team but he's losing us games when the team is fighting hard.

That's on Elvis, and he's becoming less and less reliable.

He lost them this game. He’s struggled recently and has let in softies. I’m not disagreeing with you.

Elvis is also battling. It’s not like he’s giving in. Also, for a team that’s supposedly “fighting hard” they were a complete no show in the first period. Elvis kept them in a similar circumstance game against New Jersey and Pittsburgh. So yeah, it goes both ways.

JF Berube was a good story. If he’s our backup then great. If Elvis and korpi are healthy, then Berube shouldn’t play ahead of either of them.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
This team can score and they need to keep Laine and hope that Johnson and Sillinger develop into top 6 guys. But on the D, two of three - Peeke, Boqvist and Bean - need to develop into top 4 guys. And…..

Elvis has to become a goalie that doesn’t regularly give up weak goals

ReggieRed

Good job. Good work. Good goal next!
Jan 6, 2015
Milford Center, OH
I'm ok with this game tonight. They didn't roll over like they did several times earlier in the year which I think shows some growth. Had three decent lines going tonight (59-34-23...ouch) but shaky play in net cost them. This was going to be a very hard road to get back into the play-offs and as much as I want to see them make it, probably better in the long run to get a lottery ball or two.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
He lost them this game. He’s struggled recently and has let in softies. I’m not disagreeing with you.

Elvis is also battling. It’s not like he’s giving in. Also, for a team that’s supposedly “fighting hard” they were a complete no show in the first period. Elvis kept them in a similar circumstance game against New Jersey and Pittsburgh. So yeah, it goes both ways.

JF Berube was a good story. If he’s our backup then great. If Elvis and korpi are healthy, then Berube shouldn’t play ahead of either of them.

If you give in 35 shots attempts in the first period there is no way to blame goalie after that

Reactions: Forepar

VABUCK

Oct 31, 2014
Midlothian, VA
This team can score and they need to keep Laine and hope that Johnson and Sillinger develop into top 6 guys. But on the D, two of three - Peeke, Boqvist and Bean - need to develop into top 4 guys. And…..

Elvis has to become a goalie that doesn’t regularly give up weak goals
Many players need to develop. The problem is the Jackets keep developing talent that doesn't stay.

Reactions: behemolari

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
Many players need to develop. The problem is the Jackets keep developing talent that doesn't stay.
Who have we developed that didn’t stay? Panarin, Bob and Seth were all experienced trade acquisitions.
Edit - PLD is the one I’ll give you but I’m happy with Laine

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
  • Elvis; he played the 3th game in 4 days. So he was probably tired because some goals could save.
  • Laine didn`t have his day, he had some problems with the puck and not because of forchecking (he can play under higher), shoots weren`t ideal (for him, of course), except a great shoot in the end of the game.
  • Bad play in the front of the net. Kukan and Peeke played terrible.
  • 3 games in 4 games didn`t help.
  • I think Bemstrom would play better than Gaunce or Chinakhov.

• I like Kuraly`s line, especially Max. His pass was fantastic. :thumbu: Similar like Gus pass to Bjork. :thumbu:
  • I understand Bean didn`t play too much minutes because he didn`t play long. I hope he`ll be O.K. soon.

• I must say Matthews played very good in backchecking.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1