Proposal: Columbus - Tampa Bay

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
You keep bringing up Lebanc but that contract wasn't a fiasco. The dude just got paid 4.75M for 4 years this offseason. The reason the Tampa ones haven't signed is probably because it's 3 of them and not 1. It's much easier to work out a good faith deal with 1 player, doing it with 3 is probably more complicated cause you need to make sure you have the cap for them all next year which we currently haven't opened yet.
It was a joke of a contract and made him a laughing stock for an entire season. Only a very weak and stupid GM that made it one more season was able to sign him again. Imagine if the GM had been fired or worse, woke up.

there is no clear or obvious path to how Tampa pays their RFAs. Not this year. Not next year. There is no noise around any team looking to take back on T Johnson or Gourde. There isn’t even noise around Killorn. JBB will have some harder decisions to make as the season approaches.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
It was a joke of a contract and made him a laughing stock for an entire season. Only a very weak and stupid GM that made it one more season was able to sign him again. Imagine if the GM had been fired or worse, woke up.

there is no clear or obvious path to how Tampa pays their RFAs. Not this year. Not next year. There is no noise around any team looking to take back on T Johnson or Gourde. There isn’t even noise around Killorn. JBB will have some harder decisions to make as the season approaches.

How was it a joke of a contract? He took a team friendly deal and then the team rewarded him, happens all the time. Was DeAngelo signing for 925k last year after 30 points in 61 games a joke of a contract as well? Get what he got this year? 4.8M.

I agree that there is no clear path to freeing up capspace and you haven't heard too many rumors but I'm not as worried about it as you are. It'll get sorted out one way or another but I'm leaning towards the RFA's take a Lebanc type of deal rather than BriseBois trading two 1sts to move Johnson.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
How was it a joke of a contract? He took a team friendly deal and then the team rewarded him, happens all the time. Was DeAngelo signing for 925k last year after 30 points in 61 games a joke of a contract as well? Get what he got this year? 4.8M.

I agree that there is no clear path to freeing up capspace and you haven't heard too many rumors but I'm not as worried about it as you are. It'll get sorted out one way or another but I'm leaning towards the RFA's take a Lebanc type of deal rather than BriseBois trading two 1sts to move Johnson.
Yeah, it's all he can do, jump on any Tampa thread with the same bs crystal ball guarantees of how screwed Tampa is, with no actual evidence of sources of course to back up his ridiculous assumptions. Offer sheets come early about 95% of the time but now he changes the goalposts and say they will come later of course....whatever fits his twisted narrative of how to best screw over Tampa I guess lol.

I agree with you that Killorn hasn't even been mentioned in trade talks, so either JBB is waiting to see what he can do with Johnson, or there are some framework deals in place with the 3 rfa's after moving either Johnson or Killorn and possibly one or both of Paquette/Coburn. Just moving Johnson and Paquette gives Tampa 9.55, then paying a 12th F and Foote, still gives Tampa nearly 8 million to sign them to 1 or 2 year deals. If Coburn is moved then they have between 9.5 and 10(between 9 and 9.5 if they have to bury him in Syracuse). Tampa seems to still have a few paths to keep the 3 main rfa's and also re-sign Rutta hopefully. Of course if Stamkos is placed on ltir(unlikely but possible) for the shortened regular season(if there is one at this point) then the cap issue could be solved that way as well. Should be interesting either way.

Reactions: cslebn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad