GDT: Columbus @ Carolina | Dec. 23, 2013 | 7 pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I've seen less deliberate attempts given majors or misconducts than that hit by Skille. It would have changed the outcome, but the outcome shouldn't have been in question anyways. You don't deserve to win games when you coast like that down the stretch.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Another season where they'll end up "just so close" to making the playoffs. Pitiful. You have to ****ing win this ****ing game. Damnit.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I've seen less deliberate attempts given majors or misconducts than that hit by Skille.

Bet you if Ruutu is stretchered out we're talking a 10-game suspension. But since Ruutu doesn't appear to be made of glass this year (knock on wood) there's no nothing.

Still not willing to blame the refs, though. There's no excuse to lose the way they did.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
55 aint 60. Only took a minute or two to wreck all the work they did. they played us physical and we didn't really have a response but I don't think that's what really did us in as we weren't chasing them around much and I don't think anyone really shied away from contact. They executed the two on one to perfection, the only thing bellemore could've done was to take RJ out from the strong side instead of coming around his left creating a more obvious penalty but stopping the chance. Rj's a player though.

That team is known for its work ethic from start to end, and it paid off. They never gave up and they got the best of us over a minute or two when it mattered most.

I think the way ruutu popped right back up made the refs think less of that hit. It was a stupid and obvious penalty, but he didn't seem to be going for a head shot - though i should review it before saying that.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
Bellemore and Gleason went full Pejorative Slur on the game tying goal. I don't think they could have played that any worse.

Bellemore was terrible all game.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Rutherford won't do ****

Untradeable contracts given out by PK/JR:

Eric Staal
Jordan Staal
Alex Semin
Tuomo Ruutu
Tim Gleason
Cam Ward

That's $38.3 MILLION in those six guys. He *can't* do anything, and it's his own damn fault. The *only* thing that can happen to improve this mess is a new GM with some new thinking and a blueprint to develop a young, hungry team. I think it's past time for JR to go.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Suck my ass Bellemore. He cost us this ****ing game

Dave, that 3rd goal was more on Tlusty than Bellemore. I hate to pin any loss on 1 guy, but at that point in the game there is no way Tlusty (and to a lesser extent Bellemore) should be making that play. Inexcusable. With that much time left, it's "keep it deep and avoid the odd man rush". What did he do? Bring the puck out high and turn it over.

Sure Bellemore took a step in thinking the puck would pop out there, but that one was on Tlusty IMO. It's a shame because I thought Tlusty was looking good in the 2nd half of that game too.

Bellemore did struggle a lot tonight though.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
That dipsy doodle by Tlusty, while a "confident" move, is not the move you need in a game where you're up a goal in the waning minutes of a third period against a division rival. You can't bring that puck that high in the offensive zone and turn it over at your own blueline. Everything from that point forward is recovery. Did Gleason and Bellemore play it well? Not really. However, it's not a position they should have been put in to start with. Bellemore shouldn't be having to chase anybody up the ice. It's not his game. Gleason either.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Gleason/Bellemore was a train wreck. Maybe seeing Bellemore with Hainsey skewed our thoughts on him. This is not a playoff team right now, and likely won't be when the season ends. I appreciate Skinner and Jordan though. The rest are pretty pitiful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad