GDT: Columbus @ Carolina | 3/29 7:00PM EDT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

thebus2288*

I'd have to see it again, but normally the center (Letestu) has to cover the netmouth if an attacking forward sneaks down there to outman the defenceman.

Letestu and Comeau were out there a while I think. Comeau was in the right area but didn't do a thing. Jenner was actually the closest and floated pretty bad and didn't see the puck pop back out until it was already on Skinner's stick.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
Why do you guys think this team can't score any longer? It was looking quite good through February and into March. I've wondering if some of the Richards' tinkering is backfiring-- sitting Akinson and now Umberger. I just don't get why Umberger is being scratched at this point in the season. I'm not a fan of his game and never supported that contract Howson gave him, but he does have 18 goals this year and this team is having trouble enough scoring.

Tinkering with lines, tinkering with the lineups, trading away our second best offensive weapon, Horton's issues whatever they may be.

Some of the other guys like Boone, Foligno and Anisimov are cold as well.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
The argument I don't understand here is Jack Skille. Yes, he has a helluva shot, but he's been on IR much of the season with an abdominal injury. In fact, he hasn't played in Springfield for almost three weeks.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Why do you guys think this team can't score any longer? It was looking quite good through February and into March. I've wondering if some of the Richards' tinkering is backfiring-- sitting Akinson and now Umberger. I just don't get why Umberger is being scratched at this point in the season. I'm not a fan of his game and never supported that contract Howson gave him, but he does have 18 goals this year and this team is having trouble enough scoring.

It's the kind of players we have. They are all young and/or streaky. It was coincidence earlier in the season when one player would get cold another would step up. Now we're seeing them all cold at the same time.

Injury could also be a factor this late in the season.

Also teams may have figured us out or aren't overlooking us. They certainly have figured out to just apply pressure all the time regardless of the situation. That puts pressure on our hard working but less than talented roster and creates havoc.

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010

It's all because of Gaborik. He was the only thing that made anybody else on this team score any goals ever and we're obviously completely lost without him. Woe is us.

:sarcasm:

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
If we are looking for offense from the defense, we have a point per game guy in Tim Erixon in the AHL who can't be any worse than Nikitin out there.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
It's all because of Gaborik. He was the only thing that made anybody else on this team score any goals ever and we're obviously completely lost without him. Woe is us.

Hey, at least he could have contributed something unlike that stupid return we got which is and will be useless. It's like trading a ham sandwich for a scratch off lottery card.

The front office is hammering this team into that "round hole" of a bunch of hard workers who score by committee (aka can't score any goals).

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL

He has 7 points this month, which would be among our leaders.

We've lost a couple 1 goal games. You never know.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
It's the kind of players we have. They are all young and/or streaky. It was coincidence earlier in the season when one player would get cold another would step up. Now we're seeing them all cold at the same time.

Injury could also be a factor this late in the season.

Also teams may have figured us out or aren't overlooking us. They certainly have figured out to just apply pressure all the time regardless of the situation. That puts pressure on our hard working but less than talented roster and creates havoc.

All that, plus they've turned up the intensity as the playoffs draw closer.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL

The book is out on the Blue Jackets. We don't do well against pressure. That's why guys like Cam and Matt will do well because they can get open easily. Everyone else seems lost.

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
The pressure is what I've noticed. I'm not seeing as much guys missing gimmes, it just seems like lately we're not seeing any crisp passing, no space. All the shots are coming from the point or at off angles, hoping for a bounce. It does seem like other teams have adjusted and CBJ can't deal with the adjustment.

major major

Feb 18, 2013

I'm fine with lineup tinkering and scratching guys I just don't agree with the particular scratching that Richards has done.

Your theory might be correct. Our first low scoring game in the stretch of low scoring was against the Hawks when we scored 1 goal. The next game Atkinson was scratched for the first time, and we scored one goal in that game.

The chronology also supports the Gaborik story. The Hawks game was the first after the trade. But we also in scored bunches before he returned from injury.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
So I guess Raleigh has a tornado warning. How are they playing during a tornado warning?

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
The Hurricanes are just a subpar team. So far, it's shown that we played a game last night though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad