GDT: Columbus at our Toronto Maple Leafs - December 14th, 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
1702568568134.png

""

""

Good to see Knies is recovering, but isn't on one of the top 4 lines.. probably needs more time.

Columbus Projected Lineup (subject to change)

Johnny Gaudreau – Adam Fantilli – Justin Danforth
Yegor Chinakhov – Dmitri Voronkov – Kirill Marchenko
Patrik Laine – Adam Fantilli – Kent Johnson
Alexandre Texier – Sean Kuraly – Emil Bemstrom

Zach Werenski – Nick Blankenburg
Ivan Provorov – David Jiricek
Jake Bean – Andrew Peeke

Elvis Merzlikins
Spencer Martin

Note... this was from the Blue Jackets website... I know they are high on Fantilli, and rightfully so, but to expect him to play 1C and 3C on the same night, might be a bit much.

Last edited:

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
The Leafy thing to do would be to blow out the Rangers then lose to the Blue Jackets. Seems like a trap game our goalie better be sharp because they have some decent players.
I think that is debatable. Columbus has a very good shot at the number one pick this year.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
The Leafy thing to do would be to blow out the Rangers then lose to the Blue Jackets. Seems like a trap game our goalie better be sharp because they have some decent players.
It would, but I do feel somewhat confident about this one. I think the guys are feeling good about themselves and should be able to carry that into this game.

The only thing that could derail that is soft goal(s) against early in the game.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Timmy is close.
Good. Trim some fat off the backend asap.

Gregor-Matthews-Nylander
Bertuzzi-Tavares-Marner
Robertson-Domi-Jarnkrok
Mcmann-Kampf-Reaves
Knies (appears he may still be sick)

Rielly-Brodie
Lagesson-McCabe
Benoit-Timmins
Lajoie-Liljegren

Samsonov, Jones

Gregor again? Seriously Keefe? Putrid coaching again

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Timmy is close.
Replacement players have a week or two to prove they stay in the lineup. Timmins needs to have a great week and clean up his work in his own end. His offense is valuable. When Gio and Lily come back, 2 of Timmins, Lags, and Benoit will sit. They have all shown value and played decently.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
I think that is debatable. Columbus has a very good shot at the number one pick this year.
Fantilli , Laine and Gaudreau are all capable of going off and filling up the scoresheet. If Sammy let's in some stinkers it could be a long night. But the reality is we should roll over their team easily. That's why it's kind of a trap game. We tend to drop points to bottom feeders all the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: OddyOh

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Jenner, Laine and Gaudreau are all capable of going off and filling up the scoresheet. If Sammy let's in some stinkers it could be a long night. But the reality is we should roll over their team easily. That's why it's kind of a trap game. We tend to drop points to bottom feeders all the time.

Jenner is out for six weeks.

Injured reserve: Boone Jenner (fractured jaw, out six weeks as of Dec. 9); Elvis Merzlikins (illness, out approximately a week as of Dec. 6); Adam Boqvist (shoulder strain, out approximately four weeks as of Dec. 6); Damon Severson (oblique, out approximately six weeks as of Nov. 19); Jack Roslovic (fractured ankle, out four to six weeks as of Nov. 13)

Roster Report: With Gudbranson out, Peeke will re-enter the lineup, while Merzlikins practiced each of the past two days and could be activated ahead of the game. Were Tarasov to play, it would be his first appearance of the year after dealing with a knee injury.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Given Bertuzzi is working with Tavares and Marner, and Robertson somewhat acceptable with Domi and Jarnkrok.... not wanting to break those guys up, what would you do?
Agree. Lines 2 and 3 are playing very well. No need to mess with that. Keefe mentioned before he wanted to reward Gregor... he has no negative impact on the 1st line, and it is a short term thing. It makes sense as to be the least disruptive.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Hopefully someone reminded Gregor that it’s Willy and AM to his right. Got some options beyond blazing past everyone and letting it go from the top of the circle.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeafSteel

thinkblue

Oct 6, 2020
Hopefully someone reminded Gregor that it’s Willy and AM to his right. Got some options beyond blazing past everyone a letting it go from the top of the circle.

Knies took morning skate. Not sure If he's confirmed out?

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Given Bertuzzi is working with Tavares and Marner, and Robertson somewhat acceptable with Domi and Jarnkrok.... not wanting to break those guys up, what would you do?
McMann? Rotate 3 LWs? Gregor was absolutely putrid last game. Can’t repeat that bs

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
The odds for Fantilli and Laine to score on the betting app I use are really, really good. The safer bet, just a point for either are really good. Hmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad