Post-Game Talk: Colorado vs Buffalo: Re-Entering Earth's Atmosphere

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Mackinnon's play away from the puck is questionable. He tends to be in the wrong position. Needs to pick it up sooner or later.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Mackinnon's play away from the puck is questionable. He tends to be in the wrong position. Needs to pick it up sooner or later.

They will teach him , Nate is only 18 an a raw gem . We are Lucky to have Roy and Tourigny on our coaching staff , they are great with Young players.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Really bad 3rd period but I'm not as down as some of you guys are. I thought we were still the better team and deserved the win.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
MacKinnon was better defensively from what I noticed outside of one instance where he got the puck in the 3rd in our zone and tried to skate it out and then lost it.

I was concerned by how Roy refuses to change up the lines despite the struggles they were having as the game went on and he only changed them when Downie wasn't playing and to give Mitchell MacKinnon's plaing time. He continued to play Wilson/Guenin regularly which I didn't like.

AvsFanJosh

Aug 27, 2011
Saskatoon, SK
The way we played it almost felt like a loss. Happy about the W but it just doesn't feel the same as to when we play great all 60 minutes.

Sheet

Apr 1, 2013
^This , I'm pretty sure Roy wont be happy with the way we played , even if we won .

He definitely shouldn't be. He also definitely shouldn't make them feel bad for winning, but I think he knows as a player and as a coach how to handle it.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Dominated them first period, they didn't have a shot until about 14 minutes in. Avs then just sat back and got dominated the rest of the game.

We weren't "dominated" in the second period. I thought it was pretty even and then they took over in the third.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Good god you guys are weird.

This team isn't a Stanley cup contender. They'll need to win games they aren't playing their best just to get into the playoffs. Just be happy they're winning.

They aren't going to be perfect.

The point is they were able to make Detroit look like chumps for half a game, with huge speed. They didn't look anything like that team last game and there's no reason why they can't.

Avs looked like the Avs of last year tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad