Proposal: Colorado-Calgary

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Why2Jay

Feb 1, 2009
You must be a Flames fan?

History shows what the NHL establishment thinks of MD.

Have a great day!

Lmfao start a poll. If ya dont mind being emberrased and put in your place.
You must be an Avs fan??
Do you even watch hockey? Id suggest ya watch a Flames game or two before spouting of complete garbage.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Lmfao start a poll. If ya dont mind being emberrased and put in your place.
You must be an Avs fan??
Do you even watch hockey? Id suggest ya watch a Flames game or two before spouting of complete garbage.

This is just silly and not even needed. Using an HFBoards poll as the end all be all to an argument is even more silly.

The poster you quoted isn't incorrect. Just because Duchene is underrated here doesn't make what you have to say valid. Duchene has proven himself and even to team Canada. What you think of Duchene carries absolutely zero weight.

Why2Jay

Feb 1, 2009
This is just silly and not even needed. Using an HFBoards poll as the end all be all to an argument is even more silly.

The poster you quoted isn't incorrect. Just because Duchene is underrated here doesn't make what you have to say valid. Duchene has proven himself and even to team Canada. What you think of Duchene carries absolutely zero weight.
I never said anything of the sort.
Underrated or not he is not a franchise level tallent. And he isnt worth more then JG. I think its pretty obvious what my point was. And the poster i quoted is incorrect. Calls Flames fans "Fanboys" then follows it by calling Duchene a franchise level tallent. How is that even defendable? Whos being the "Fanboys" in this conversation?

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Duchene, Barrie for Gaudreau, Hamilton

Barrie would be way more effective in the Flames system IMO

Why2Jay

Feb 1, 2009
Whats silly is saying JG isnt worth Duchene because of his body type?Really, thats what seperates them?
Not the fact that JG makes everyone around him better? The fact that he puts up better numbers? To be clear im not bashing Duchene here, but to any non "fanboy" JG is the more valuable and better hockey player. That isnt erased because of his size. Which he has proved at every level he has ever played isnt as much of an issue. But hey im the one being silly.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I never said anything of the sort.
Underrated or not he is not a franchise level tallent. And he isnt worth more then JG. I think its pretty obvious what my point was. And the poster i quoted is incorrect. Calls Flames fans "Fanboys" then follows it by calling Duchene a franchise level tallent. How is that even defendable? Whos being the "Fanboys" in this conversation?

You have an obsession with the word "fanboy," and you've sure gotten in a little tiff that someone directed that term at you...but you seem entirely oblivious when re-directing that word that the poster who's made the statements you're responding to is a Canucks fan. Tell us more about how much of a Matt Duchene Avs fan fanboy he is :rolleyes:

Why2Jay

Feb 1, 2009
You have an obsession with the word "fanboy," and you've sure gotten in a little tiff that someone directed that term at you...but you seem entirely oblivious when re-directing that word that the poster who's made the statements you're responding to is a Canucks fan. Tell us more about how much of a Matt Duchene Avs fan fanboy he is :rolleyes:
Lol i wasnt the one that threw the term out there to start with. Followed by an assinine statement. Perhaps go back and read when the word was thrown out. :rolleyes:
You are correct that i am oblivious that hes a Canucks fan though, so my bad. Doesnt change how stupid of a statement it was and the fact a few of you Avs fans are defending it.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Duchene, Barrie for Gaudreau, Hamilton

Barrie would be way more effective in the Flames system IMO

A) the Flames have a new system and b) Hamilton for Barrie would make an average sized team smaller. Not interest there.

Gaudreau for Duchene makes no sense for either team. Neither team has the depth in their respective position to justify the trade.

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
Not really sure there's a deal to be made that sends JG to the Avs but what about something that brings MacKinnon to Calgary? :naughty:

Monahan + one of Shinkaruk/R. Andersson/Mangiapane

For

MacKinnon

Not sure how much people think the difference between these two is but as a flames fan I'm willing to admit that Mack's ceiling is likely a bit higher though they play a very different game. another pick or decent prospect going to Avs wouldn't kill it in my opinion.

Monahan I think would mesh well with Landeskog or Ratanen and would give the Avs a killer 1/2 center punch.

And we all know what JG and MacK can do

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I'm not saying that it is wrong to choose Gaudreau over Duchene on paper, but a lot of people in this thread are underrating what Duchene brings to the table and ignoring the context that might makes this trade a fair one for one swap.

Regarding Gaudreau being PPG, Duchene was PPG at the same age.

Duchene brings more outside of offense. He is good on faceoffs, can kill penalties and play both sides of the puck.

With all that said, I still take Gaudreau over Duchene, but then when you observe the context of the Flames and Gaudreau possibly being unable to agree to a contract, it makes the trade more even. CGY gets a cost controlled 25 year old 1st liner with PPG upside for Gaudreau. If they can resolve their differences and agree on a contract, or if someone out there offers them a more desirable one for one swap, obviously they don't do it.

The unfortunate thing is that I don't know if Colorado would do the trade if the requirement is that they sign Gaudreau to an 8M per contract. This is the same team who got rid of Ryan O'Reilly who is one of the best two way centres in the game, and arguably their best player at the time over similar contract demands. Maybe they consider Gaudreau a special enough player to do that for.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
There's zero chance of MacKinnon being traded.

This.

The only reason a Gaudreau trade is plausible is because of the rumours and speculation about how far apart both teams are in agreeing on a contract. Players like Gaudreau and MacKinnon don't just get moved for the sake of being moved, there has to be an outside reason for it to happen. Even with all that out there, a Gaudreau trade would still be extremely shocking.

I don't think either CGY or COL would do a trade around Monahan and MacKinnon after locking them down long term. Teams just don't do that kind of thing.

Brent Burns Beard