Proposal: Colorado-Calgary

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
As an Avs fan, I'd rather see how Rantanen and MacKinnon mesh (or Rantanen and Duchene if that's how things work out) before we add to Duchene to get Gaudreau.

Also, if we trade Duchene for Gaudreau, that means we have Soderberg as our 2C until someone like Jost or Compher is potentially ready to take on that role. I think keeping MacKinnon and Duchene as our 1/2 Cs makes the team better than stacking the top line.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
To be honest. Flames need Johnny significantly more than Duchene.

We already have our top 3 C's in order, and if he's playing wing, then we just have less skill there from Johnny. The add would have to be really enticing for The Flames to make a trade like this.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
How about a Mack + dman with low cap for Giordano +Bennett
What dman would Avs need to add? Maybe a pick added On a side? But as a flames I'd want a #3 coming back or a #4 and a pick?

Change Giordano to Brodie and you might get the Avs to listen.

YennoItFlames

Sep 1, 2016
Barrie is what 5.5m for 4 years? While Brodie is better and gets paid 4.65/4 years? I'm pretty sure I'm close to the salaries, so that's 850,000 less for Brodie and he's the better defensemen, unless you disagree that Brodie is on a sweetheart of a deal, and don't forget Sam Bennett is also on Calgarys side, so it's sitting at MacKinnon + Barrie for Brodie + Bennett + 1 of Wideman/Smid/Stajan to even out the cap a bit

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
Why not Landy + for Gaudreau, Landy's still developing, is captain material and is already one of the best 2way wingers in the game

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Another trade that won't happen, neither team would trade their top young stars, even for each other and certainly neither would gut their team so they could play with each other.

Likely the only place MacKinnon and Gaudreau will ever play together again would be at an allstar game.

Yanda

Apr 9, 2014
Duchene is a 2nd line player on contending teams and a 1st line player on lesser teams. Gaudreau would be a franchise player on every team in the league, there would need to be some legit reason to need to trade him and being 1M apart in negotiations is not that legit reason. I think RFA Signings will continue to be delayed by the WCH going forward and this is just one of the first examples of how the WCH will effect contracts in the future.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Duchene is a 2nd line player on contending teams and a 1st line player on lesser teams. Gaudreau would be a franchise player on every team in the league, there would need to be some legit reason to need to trade him and being 1M apart in negotiations is not that legit reason. I think RFA Signings will continue to be delayed by the WCH going forward and this is just one of the first examples of how the WCH will effect contracts in the future.

Duchene just finished top 20 in goals scored. He isn't an elite 1C, but neither is Gaudreau. Duchene could easily be a 1W on a contender.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I'll take the player who was 1 point shy of being a point per game player at 22 years old.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Duchene just finished top 20 in goals scored. He isn't an elite 1C, but neither is Gaudreau. Duchene could easily be a 1W on a contender.

Duchene was also 11th in Even Strength scoring among Cs last season, top 5 in the league in FO%, and 22nd in overall scoring for Cs.

That's despite playing more than 25% of his 5v5 TOI with a broken down Iginla, and more than 40% of his 5v4 TOI with Blake Comeau and/or Iginla.

Brent Burns Beard