Proposal: Colorado-Calgary

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Not really a fan of either team but figured this could be a good base for a trade.

Colorado: Johnny Gaudreau

Calgary: Matt Duchene

Who adds? Gaudreau is the more skilled, but Duchene plays a better 2-way game and has a better contract. Adding Gaudreau gives the Avs more skill and someone to play with MacKinnon.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Flames fans: Avs add
Avs fans: 50/50 split between accepting outright due to value and not wanting to trade Duchene.

There we go, that about sums up however many pages this turns into.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Flames fans: Avs add
Avs fans: 50/50 split between accepting outright due to value and not wanting to trade Duchene.

There we go, that about sums up however many pages this turns into.

And that's all folks.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Avs have fought very hard to have their salary structure in place. The current ceiling is MacKinnon at $6.3M/year for the next seven years. I don't think Gaudreau would be a particularly good fit with that in mind unless he's willing to sign for low $6M cap hit.

YennoItFlames

Sep 1, 2016
Flames fan ... Uhmm I keep Johnny Hockey and his contract wants won't last... I don't believe he wants 8m, I think his agent wants 8m, I believe he'll sign for 7-7.5m/6-8 years

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
Would rather add a second to Gaudreau to obtain Mackinnon. Gaudreau is the better player but Mack has the better contract

Gaudreau plus second for Mackinnon

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Would rather add a second to Gaudreau to obtain Mackinnon. Gaudreau is the better player but Mack has the better contract

Gaudreau plus second for Mackinnon

I think after seeing the way these two play together, the point of any trade involving one of these two kids would be to put them together :laugh:

I would move Duchene + to get Gaudreau, but wouldn't move Mackinnon for Gaudreau+ because I would want Gaudreau to play with Mackinnon.

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
I think after seeing the way these two play together, the point of any trade involving one of these two kids would be to put them together :laugh:

I would move Duchene + to get Gaudreau, but wouldn't move Mackinnon for Gaudreau+ because I would want Gaudreau to play with Mackinnon.

In this case if Mack was off the table completly I believe that Landy would be the better fit than Duchene. Landy plus something may work better for the Flames considering what we already have at center.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Not really a fan of either team but figured this could be a good base for a trade.

Colorado: Johnny Gaudreau

Calgary: Matt Duchene

Who adds? Gaudreau is the more skilled, but Duchene plays a better 2-way game and has a better contract. Adding Gaudreau gives the Avs more skill and someone to play with MacKinnon.

Love Dutchie but I think JHocs is more valuable

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Gaudreau can make McKinnon a 50 goal scorer

The Aves will have to give up quite a bit

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Avs have fought very hard to have their salary structure in place. The current ceiling is MacKinnon at $6.3M/year for the next seven years. I don't think Gaudreau would be a particularly good fit with that in mind unless he's willing to sign for low $6M cap hit.

If he was, he would have been signed already.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Eh...Gaudreau being a winger hurts value in a vacuum but he's the more offensively gifted player. Realistically, I'd kill to see Duchene with Gaudreau.

I don't want to give up Duchene but he'd definitely be the cost for a guy like Gaudreau.

Flames fans will insist the Avs add heavily even though at best it's a small add.

Flames fans rightfully say no though. Same with Avs fans.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Gaudreau can make McKinnon a 50 goal scorer

The Aves will have to give up quite a bit

And Mackinnon would make Gaudreau a 90+ point player.

They go hand in hand with each other and really feed off of each others play style. It's why Mack was so good with Drouin in Junior and now Gaudreau at this world cup. He works great with players like that.

Obviously as an Avs fan I'd be extremely excited to bring Gaudreau in to the Avs, but it's not worth overpaying for.

We may have a guy in our system who can fill that role on Macks line in a couple of years in Tyson Jost anyway.

YennoItFlames

Sep 1, 2016
How about a Mack + dman with low cap for Giordano +Bennett
What dman would Avs need to add? Maybe a pick added On a side? But as a flames I'd want a #3 coming back or a #4 and a pick?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad