GDT: Colorado Avalanche@ Winnipeg Jets 10/26/14 1 PM MDT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ThatAvsGamer

Feb 21, 2013
Ontario
I think the forward lines should just stay the same. Why switch the lines after playing the best they have played?

The Mackinnon line does need to be better. I really want to see Mackinnon and Landy get more ice time, we will notice an increase in their points and their play. We really need a big game from Landy, ROR has been getting lots of blame (along with our D), but imo Landy has been worse than ROR so far this season, and other than the last game our D has been better than our forwards. O'reilly has to be better as well, he has made some pretty questionable plays.

I do think that our 2nd line will start to perform better if they are stuck together. How this line performs all depends on how Mackinnon plays this year, if he's going through a "sophomore slump" or not. I'm not too worried about ROR and Landy, I think they will start clicking sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Changed to GDT per the request of the person making the GDT (said they likely wouldn't have time to make one today)

autoloss.com-large.jpg

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I think the forward lines should just stay the same. Why switch the lines after playing the best they have played?

The Mackinnon line does need to be better. I would generally like to see Mackinnon (and Landy) average more ice time. I really think if both these players get on the ice more, we will notice an increase in their points and their play. We really need a big game from Landy, ROR has been getting lots of blame (along with our D), but imo Landy has been worse than ROR so far this season. O'reilly has to be better as well, he has made some pretty questionable plays.

I do think that our 2nd line will start to perform better if they are stuck together. How this line performs all depends on how Mackinnon plays this year, if he's going through a "sophomore slump" or not. I'm not too worried about ROR and Landy, I think they will start clicking sooner rather than later.

Yep, MacK is the key. He needs to be the one with the puck on his stick and making plays. But the dude is just lost or something. He seems to touch the puck less than either RoR or Lando. He can't get open in transition. He never carries the puck through the neutral zone anymore. The puck seems to be avoiding him right now. And then when he does get it he just turns it over. Dude is pressing too hard and thinking too much about what he needs to be doing.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I have to miss this game since i'm working at the IceCaps game which is on at the same time. Ironic?
I have some things I need to do after the game until I go to bed. Is it possible for me to make it until after work tomorrow without finding out what happens? I doubt it lol.

linusandvarlamov

GO AVS GO !
Apr 2, 2014
Paris, France
Really excited to see this game !! I'm really hoping the Avalanche build off of their win against the Canucks. Redmond was fantastic against Vancouver so I'll be excited to see him again tonight (I find he has some Tyson Barrie in him : at one point in the Canucks game he went flying up the ice from our d-zone to the offensive zone to make a nice pass).

Really hope Mack gets going tonight ! But he's still contributing (4 assists). Once he gets his 1st goal, I think he'll start scoring more regularly.

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
I know it's a long season and all, but we've already sacrificed some easy points. It's time to go on a streak or at minimum play a full 60 minutes and show some improvements. Expecting a big game from Varlamov. Second line needs to step up big time. On paper that could be one of the better lines in the entire league.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
I know it's a long season and all, but we've already sacrificed some easy points. It's time to go on a streak or at minimum play a full 60 minutes and show some improvements. Expecting a big game from Varlamov. Second line needs to step up big time. On paper that could be one of the better lines in the entire league.

Was better with SoS :sarcasm:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Making me choose between this and football with the 1 pm start? That's not cool. Guess I'll watch the Avs later tonight.

Go Avs!

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Making me choose between this and football with the 1 pm start? That's not cool. Guess I'll watch the Avs later tonight.

Go Avs!

You're choosing football over the Avs? Turn in your fan card at the desk and leave now.

:sarcasm:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Mackinnon will break out this game.

I think Mack picks up a goal, but I have a feeling the multi goal breakout game will come from O'Reilly.

His all overall game has been getting progressively better the last few games. Think he's due.

IceRat

#BallsOutTheDoor
Mar 4, 2011
For a guy who pushes for the D to jump into the play and attack it mystifies me that Roy waited so damned long to put Redmond into the lineup.

I never got around to commenting in the last gameday thread but yeah Redmond was fantastic and I can't wait to se if he maintains that level of play

lots of solid efforts on the team with obvious standouts (Duchene) but I don't put much of any stock into that last game as it was against Vancouver's Berra/Pickard

we still have plenty to prove

tshack

Apr 27, 2014
Oh damn, forgot we have an afternoon game. Already agreed to go to the beach with some people. At least there's the radio option on GCL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Oh damn, forgot we have an afternoon game. Already agreed to go to the beach with some people. At least there's the radio option on GCL.

Are you OK?
You're not looking so good.
Maybe you should stay home, rest, watch some TV in bed.
You have a busy week next week, and you need to rest and get well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I don't mind keeping Tanguay with Duchene and Iginla. It seems to help Tanguay.

O'Reilly, Landeskog and MacKinnon will figure it out. I think O'Reilly and Landeskog are playing solid but have more to give. MacKinnon looks like he's still trying to figure out what to do. He doesn't drive to the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad