GDT: Colorado Avalanche@ Winnipeg Jets 10/26/14 1 PM MDT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
This makes sense, but I don't agree with any line combos that break up Iglina and Duchene right now..... they looked real good last game.

I agree with you completely. I was just floating the possibility. The Tanguay-Duchene-Iginla line is playing really well so no reason to break it up. For the 2nd line, even though it's not productive, who else do you put up there? Only McGinn could be shuffled up and that would involve demoting Landeskog, and I'm against that. So basically the lines we have now are logical, except Briere should be on the 3rd line.

Tanguay-Duchene-Iginla
Landeskog-Mackinnon-ROR
McGinn-Mitchell-Briere
Mcleod-Cliche/Winchester-Talbot

On D (might as well include it), I'm in favor of moving Redmond up and Barre down.

Hejda-EJ
Holden-Redmond
Stuart-Barrie

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
Yeah that second line is never going to function as is. Maybe it will get a bit better but its not a permanent solution. Roy even admitted on the radio that O'Reilly probably should play with Duchene. I don't know what's stopping him now.

What did he specifically say?

I still kinda want duchene with ror, but after yesterdays game I think it wouldn't sit too well and wont be fair to pull Tanguay and Iggy apart.

would like another blow out tmrw (fingers crossed)

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
What did he specifically say?

I still kinda want duchene with ror, but after yesterdays game I think it wouldn't sit too well and wont be fair to pull Tanguay and Iggy apart.

would like another blow out tmrw (fingers crossed)

It was on the Fan radio show on Thursday. I don't remember the exact words but he said something like yeah he knows O'Reilly and Duchene work really well together and he will go back to that.

After the big win I'm fine keeping the lines the same next game but I think its much more valuable to get that O'Reilly-Duchene chemistry back in the long run and we are not getting the best out of Landy and MacKinnon either. To get a little less out of Tanguy and to get more out of those three would put us out ahead.

No more blowout talk, you all know what happens when those things are said. They probably won't score 7 again all season. Let's just go back to winning any way it comes. This one is going to be close, book it.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
No team in the league has been held back longer by poor coaching and uproariously bad goaltending than the Jets. That roster isn't elite, but way better than their record the last couple season indicates.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
I never understood the idea of breaking up what works to help out those not working.

Duchene tanguay and iginla should be left alone. When something works, leave it the **** alone.

ROR, Landy and Mack just need to get their **** together. They're too good to not have it work eventually. And if it doesn't work for another 3-4 games, then keep tinkering with the struggling players until some combo works.

But leave the players who've developed chemistry so far, alone.

viach

Aug 5, 2007
Hope for a big game from ourd 2nd line Landy, ROR and McKinnon. Especially, Mack.
I would love a big day from him...

0 goal in 8 games :( :(

Ouch too :shakehead
Barrie : -7
O'Reilly : -7
MacKinnon : -6
Holden : -6
McGinn : -5
Landeskog : -5

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
Other note for the idea of breaking up lines

McGinn-Mitchell-talbot looked as good as last year; keep it togethee

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
You can't focus on stats like that, it really doesn't matter now that he's not going for the Calder. MacKinnon has 4 assists, he will be fine. All I care about is the team winning. Considering their start, you really think anyone is going to have a great +/- rating?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Changed to GDT per the request of the person making the GDT (said they likely wouldn't have time to make one today)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad