Series Talk: Colorado Avalanche vs San Jose Sharks (P2 vs WC2)

Who ya got?

• Avs in 4

• Avs in 5

• Avs in 6

• Avs in 7

• Sharks in 4

• Sharks in 5

• Sharks in 6

• Sharks in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Out 4th line and bottom pairing might be crap, but at least we play them. They played the equivalent of one and a half games in Game 6 and one of their D got 7 minutes.
I liked the effort from our bottom 6 last series. They were a huge part of our success, and barely got any credit.

There's zero chance SJ is going to roll 5 D, while trying to chase our players around the ice.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Here's a few gifs I made forever ago on a different account. Hopefully we'll see a repeat real soon:
sERzAzX.gif

0Z6ZwTN.gif
You made those? Awesome.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Here's a few gifs I made forever ago on a different account. Hopefully we'll see a repeat real soon:
sERzAzX.gif

0Z6ZwTN.gif
This is great stuff. Lol.

I'm much happier to play the Sharks than Vegas... Jones can lose games on his own, Sharks are a slower paced team, not as physical and certainly not as dirty, and I think have a worse coach. That said, they are deeper and more skilled than the Avs overall. I'm not expecting a series win here as it will be very tough to beat the Sharks, but I think the Avs stand a solid chance. Especially with how Karlsson has looked and questions surrounding Pavelski.
I saw on the main board the Sharks apparently have more depth than we do

Out 4th line and bottom pairing might be crap, but at least we play them. They played the equivalent of one and a half games in Game 6 and one of their D got 7 minutes. Nearly a whole extra period in Game 7, their bottom pairing gets under 10 minutes each and they dressed someone who got 2:36. In a Game 7! At home! Sven would be playing on their third line.
Sharks have much better depth than even Calgary and all those depth pieces are good shooters. However, DeBoer rarely plays them, especially in big time situations so that strength in depth might be nonexistent since MacKinnon is probably going to play 24-ish minutes a night. What it could come down to is Sharks 2nd line versus our 2nd line where they clearly win on paper.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
The SJ forward lines will probably need to tag team the Mackinnon line.

I don’t see PDB playing a singular forward line against Mackinnon for 20+ minutes a game.

Phalanx

Apr 24, 2013
Aptos, Ca
I said it in our boards and I'll say it here for your benefit. After playing such a nasty series full of vitriol slung back and forth, I'm looking forward to a (hopefully) sportsmanlike series against you all. I'll never have a bad word to say about the Avs fanbase, not after the experience my Dad and I had going to a game in Denver. Good luck to you all! It should be a good one!

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I hope Pavs is back for game 1. Last thing we need is a team on a mission for their captain or some other BS like that.

kchan9

Oct 7, 2010
A reminder that the OILERS beat the Sharks a few years ago..the Pens (with a much quicker team and smaller defense) beat the Sharks in SCF. We're a faster team with a very rounded defense that can transition the puck to our speedy and young forwards. It'll be tough but we can grind the Shark's 5D system down. It won't be a cake walk but I believe the Avs can get it done in 7!

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I said it in our boards and I'll say it here for your benefit. After playing such a nasty series full of vitriol slung back and forth, I'm looking forward to a (hopefully) sportsmanlike series against you all. I'll never have a bad word to say about the Avs fanbase, not after the experience my Dad and I had going to a game in Denver. Good luck to you all! It should be a good one!
Yeah we don't have too many dirty players. Unless Cole does something stupid.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO

go to hell

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Yeah we don't have too many dirty players. Unless Cole does something stupid.

Zadorov will be enemy #1 after a game or two. It won't even be anything dirty, he just has that effect on fanbases when they watch him closely. He just had Calgary and Ottawa hating him after a 5 game series. It'll be fun.

Last edited:

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I except a series loss, but if you had told me the Avs would be losing in round 2 of the playoffs after they won 4 games in 2 months I probably would have cashed out my life savings on lottery tickets.
We haven't even played yet!

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

I appreciate your honesty, and in that same spirit, I will be honest and admit that I will likely despise every single one of you in a week’s time.

Have a good day.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1