Will a player from Finland ever win a major personal award?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
Selänne won the Calder, Rinne, Rask and Kiprusoff won Vezinas, Jere Lehtinen won 3 Selkes, Saku Koivu won Bill Masterton and King Clancy trophies. I might be forgetting something. But yeah, I see your point. The Finns are almost always products of other players or part of working a line, not so much the drivers per se who are the ones who win those awards you mentioned.

edit. Damn, forgot about the Barkov Selke.

Last edited:

Bunch of AHOs

Feb 18, 2019
Finland
Barkov could win Conn Smythe, maybe even this year. He's not the frontrunner now, but its not impossible either. Depends on how games go from here.

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
Guys think about it, 0 players from Finland has ever won an Art Ross, Conn Smythe or Hart. What’s up with that?
Clearly there's an anti-Finn bias!!!!! Teammates refuse to pass the puck to Finnish players so they will not be able to accumulate enough points to win the Art Ross!!!!!

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Is it me or do Finnish players disproportionately not win Stanley Cups compared to top players of other nationalities?

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Is it me or do Finnish players disproportionately not win Stanley Cups compared to top players of other nationalities?

This is interesting point, but I dont have any data one way or another. If that is true, it might be because (I guess) Finns lack the top talent, and rather have more bottom 6 grinders and bottom pairing D.

That of course is also one reason why the NT seems to perform better than expected.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
4030c486dea8dd2b63d371a5949fa789.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad