Colorado Avalanche Training Camp Dates

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
It'd still be good to play one f***ing game and be in game condition for when the season starts, especially a guy like Rantanen who will be even more Bambi-like with no game time under his belt.
True...but doesn't Bednar usually dress his starting team for the final exhibition game? At least my memory is that the established stars from the Avs basically sit everything out until the final game.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
It'd still be good to play one f***ing game and be in game condition for when the season starts, especially a guy like Rantanen who will be even more Bambi-like with no game time under his belt.
Don’t we still have like 4 pre-season games left?

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
I don't want the Avs playing the star players much. No reason to risk injury and you already know they'll be getting overplayed in season so let them rest up.

Be nice to see Kovy become a legitimate NHLer this year even if it is only on the 4th line.

Reijo

Sep 22, 2024
I don't want the Avs playing the star players much. No reason to risk injury and you already know they'll be getting overplayed in season so let them rest up.

Be nice to see Kovy become a legitimate NHLer this year even if it is only on the 4th line.
Some stars are playing, cause they want to get ready, but does you have that uh, gdt thread for the game against utah today?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
For a team like the Avs, the preseason is 100% meaningless. Just try to not get injured. For a rebuilding team, the more games the better. I don't know what the right number is, but I can't get excited for preseason hockey anymore. It is either a bad team trying to find young players filter in, or a good team that is just trying to not get hurt.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
For a team like the Avs, the preseason is 100% meaningless. Just try to not get injured. For a rebuilding team, the more games the better. I don't know what the right number is, but I can't get excited for preseason hockey anymore. It is either a bad team trying to find young players filter in, or a good team that is just trying to not get hurt.
Eh, it's useful in that Jared can cross a lot of names off the list of people he trusts.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
With how injured we already are lol, im excited to see some players that can make the roster. Mostly kovalenko, brannstrom.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I liked Prishchepov in the two games he played. I think he will have a good year in the AHL. Not a lot of offense though.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I liked Prishchepov in the two games he played. I think he will have a good year in the AHL. Not a lot of offense though.
I don't think he has anywhere near NHL talent, but I agree he's been solid so far. Looks like a guy who can play a role in the AHL.

OO... is anybody really surprised? It is clear he has physical talent, but nearly zero brain or ability to apply that talent in a productive manner. Another Sampo Ranta. Though instead of being a physical player with no idea how to play smart hockey. He's a talented player that has no idea how to attack productively. Like Ranta, it wouldn't be shocking to see him playing at MoDo.

Last edited:

blink

Mar 6, 2002
Ontario
How has Sean Behrens looked in camp? Heard he had a decent first game, not many updates since....

Probably AHL bound but do you see him getting some games as potential callup this year?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
How has Sean Behrens looked in camp? Heard he had a decent first game, not many updates since....

Probably AHL bound but do you see him getting some games as potential callup this year?
I haven’t seen camp, but I think he’s been excellent in both games. He doesn’t have a lot of flash to build the hype, but has been very good. He likely starts in the AHL and plays a bigger minute role. I’d bet he earns a call up out of it too.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I haven’t seen camp, but I think he’s been excellent in both games. He doesn’t have a lot of flash to build the hype, but has been very good. He likely starts in the AHL and plays a bigger minute role. I’d bet he earns a call up out of it too.
Yeah, I agree with your comments. I also think he eventually gets cut, but it is due to a lack of experience instead of a lack of talent. I do also want to see him bulk up a bit more, if Gudas can come in at 6'0" and 208 lbs, Behrens can eventually get to 5'11" and 190-195 lbs to handle NHL forechequers.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah, I agree with your comments. I also think he eventually gets cut, but it is due to a lack of experience instead of a lack of talent. I do also want to see him bulk up a bit more, if Gudas can come in at 6'0" and 208 lbs, Behrens can eventually get to 5'11" and 190-195 lbs to handle NHL forechequers.
Agreed... he'll be fine. The lack of flash will hurt him in the short term as he won't have the high upside moments that catch the attention of the staff... but how reliable he is will gain the trust of the coaching staffs over time. I think it simply means he's going to have to win over the AHL staff first and get their rave reviews before Bednar inserts him in the lineup. Especially when you combine it with all the fringe puck mover types the Avs brought in and Malinski. Those guys will have to fail or be injured first.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad