Colorado Avalanche Training Camp Dates

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
It'd still be good to play one f***ing game and be in game condition for when the season starts, especially a guy like Rantanen who will be even more Bambi-like with no game time under his belt.
True...but doesn't Bednar usually dress his starting team for the final exhibition game? At least my memory is that the established stars from the Avs basically sit everything out until the final game.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
It'd still be good to play one f***ing game and be in game condition for when the season starts, especially a guy like Rantanen who will be even more Bambi-like with no game time under his belt.
Don’t we still have like 4 pre-season games left?

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
I don't want the Avs playing the star players much. No reason to risk injury and you already know they'll be getting overplayed in season so let them rest up.

Be nice to see Kovy become a legitimate NHLer this year even if it is only on the 4th line.

Reijo

Sep 22, 2024
I don't want the Avs playing the star players much. No reason to risk injury and you already know they'll be getting overplayed in season so let them rest up.

Be nice to see Kovy become a legitimate NHLer this year even if it is only on the 4th line.
Some stars are playing, cause they want to get ready, but does you have that uh, gdt thread for the game against utah today?

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
6 preseason games is just too much. I mean after only 2 games we pretty much already know who’s gonna make the roster and who’s not. Just play like 3 games and be done with.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
For a team like the Avs, the preseason is 100% meaningless. Just try to not get injured. For a rebuilding team, the more games the better. I don't know what the right number is, but I can't get excited for preseason hockey anymore. It is either a bad team trying to find young players filter in, or a good team that is just trying to not get hurt.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
For a team like the Avs, the preseason is 100% meaningless. Just try to not get injured. For a rebuilding team, the more games the better. I don't know what the right number is, but I can't get excited for preseason hockey anymore. It is either a bad team trying to find young players filter in, or a good team that is just trying to not get hurt.
Eh, it's useful in that Jared can cross a lot of names off the list of people he trusts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad