Colorado Avalanche Training Camp Dates

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Oh Kaut, I'm still 100% convinced that his coming out and saying that his coach told him he needs to fight all the time was him misinterpreting his coach telling him he has to go out there and actually battle. Kid would show some potential when he played like sober Nuke, but he would do that for 1-2 shifts and look like he ran a marathon.

Reactions: henchman21

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Oh Kaut, I'm still 100% convinced that his coming out and saying that his coach told him he needs to fight all the time was him misinterpreting his coach telling him he has to go out there and actually battle. Kid would show some potential when he played like sober Nuke, but he would do that for 1-2 shifts and look like he ran a marathon.
Kaut is one of the classic guys who thinks he’s working harder than everybody else. Grigorenko was another, different talents though.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I’m excited for Ritchie. Haven’t seen a forward with this much hype since Rantanen probably. Even Newhook and Jost never really stood out like Ritchie has in games.

Agreed. This is why the Newhook/Jost comparisons aren't great IMO.

Still a ways to go, and he has to prove his worth, but neither Newhook or Jost showed the talent level and IQ Ritchie has.

Newhook showed more offensive skill than Jost IMO prior to the NHL, and ended up better than Jost. Ritchie for that same reason, should hopefully be a step up at least, on both Newook and Jost.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
Agreed. This is why the Newhook/Jost comparisons aren't great IMO.

Still a ways to go, and he has to prove his worth, but neither Newhook or Jost showed the talent level and IQ Ritchie has.

Newhook showed more offensive skill than Jost IMO prior to the NHL, and ended up better than Jost. Ritchie for that same reason, should hopefully be a step up at least, on both Newook and Jost.

Time will tell but 5 years from now I don't think either Newhook/Richie will belong in the same group as Jost. Newhook wasn't what we needed but he still has a chance to be a solid player. If Richie can stick at C and be that caliber of player I'd take it.

Reactions: Foppa2118

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Time will tell but 5 years from now I don't think either Newhook/Richie will belong in the same group as Jost. Newhook wasn't what we needed but he still has a chance to be a solid player. If Richie can stick at C and be that caliber of player I'd take it.
I think thats pretty certain. Newhook is a better NHL player probably a complimentary 2nd line wing (at least a 3rd liner), he’s just not a center. Ritchie has a ways to go, but at minimum he’s a different style of player. Jost has carved a NHL career, but it is as a fringe bottom 6 guy.

The common thread is their projections when drafted. What the org was thinking and planning… and will end up trying to give those roles. For that they’ll always be linked and judged on by Avs fans.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
I think thats pretty certain. Newhook is a better NHL player probably a complimentary 2nd line wing (at least a 3rd liner), he’s just not a center. Ritchie has a ways to go, but at minimum he’s a different style of player. Jost has carved a NHL career, but it is as a fringe bottom 6 guy.

The common thread is their projections when drafted. What the org was thinking and planning… and will end up trying to give those roles. For that they’ll always be linked and judged on by Avs fans.

Ya I get why some people group them together but for me personally Jost was on another level. I fell for the hype and seeing how unskilled he was in the NHL was beyond disappointing. His ceiling was a 4th liner.

Richie looks solid from the little I've seen but maybe because I haven't got my expectations up it doesn't feel the same to me. Richie being a later pick also changes things abit. If he can become a top 6 wing or a really solid offensively slanted 3C that's a home run. With Newhook/Jost I would have been disappointed with that pre NHL.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Are we cap compliant without any moves if/when Landy & Nuke return? Or how long would each have to sit out to be cap compliant?
No… some moves will probably be needed unless they are out til like Jan. Depends on the time, but probably a couple million. Not impossible to deal with, but not plug and play either.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'll be honest, the Nichushkin quotes are expected but still incredibly disappointing.

I'll still tune in, they're still the Avs and my favourite club but the second that guy returns I'll be emotionally and mentally checked out. He's a piece of trash, and he is going to cost this team again. It's when, not if, with this idiot.

Disappointing all around.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
No… some moves will probably be needed unless they are out til like Jan. Depends on the time, but probably a couple million. Not impossible to deal with, but not plug and play either.
That's what I thought. To me that's the biggest storyline in this camp/early season - who makes who expendable? Assuming they do keep Nuke.

Girard and Colton are the main options, G specifically with the players we signed on D and his lack of trade protection. That;s the main thing for me though -how do you move a beloved teammate just to make room for a guy that's burned you twice?

Reactions: cinchronicity

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
I'll be honest, the Nichushkin quotes are expected but still incredibly disappointing.

I'll still tune in, they're still the Avs and my favourite club but the second that guy returns I'll be emotionally and mentally checked out. He's a piece of trash, and he is going to cost this team again. It's when, not if, with this idiot.

Disappointing all around.

Grow uo

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
That's what I thought. To me that's the biggest storyline in this camp/early season - who makes who expendable? Assuming they do keep Nuke.

Girard and Colton are the main options, G specifically with the players we signed on D and his lack of trade protection. That;s the main thing for me though -how do you move a beloved teammate just to make room for a guy that's burned you twice?
Colton isn’t an option… full no trade and he’s a center. The Avs won’t move him. Doubtful on G too given their reluctance to give up defensemen prior. IMO Avs expect somebody will be injured by then or they’ll run a guy short to get a free call up for a bit. Then work to solve it elsewhere. The timing of it all is going to matter a lot. Especially since the Avs probably won’t be able to use LTIR well enough to accrue extra.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Imagine thinking this team will be 100% healthy at any point of the season.

Damn fools.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad