Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season Main Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who's going to be the surprise of this camp ?

• Beck

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Kapanen

Votes: 58 50.9%
  • Heineman

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Mesar

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Engstrom

Votes: 20 17.5%
  • Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trudeau

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • F. Xhekaj

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Tuch

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Hughes

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Davidson

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
They need lots of rope and patience. I'm thinking the preseason and another 15 games before we look at making changes.
I'm thinking we experiment now before the season ever starts.
Suzuki/Slaf and Caufield/Dach then tinker around with others wingers...

If we want to be around at the end of the season we need to be around at the start of the season.
Which combos give us the best chance of winning every night?
If Laine is a better fit with Suzuki he must play with Suzuki we already know Cole can play with Kirby.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
What if Kapanen is that 3rd line center we are looking for? We would have Beck and Kapanen centering our bottom 6 that would be a huge boost to our lineup, I feel like a lot of us are sleeping on Kapanen. I see a player that does everything on the ice, has a nice touch around the net also

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
What if Kapanen is that 3rd line center we are looking for? We would have Beck and Kapanen centering our bottom 6 that would be a huge boost to our lineup, I feel like a lot of us are sleeping on Kapanen. I see a player that does everything on the ice, has a nice touch around the net also

I mean, Kapanen was voted our 10th best prospect, 5th forward, so I think most are valuing him.

Reactions: ForeverHabs97

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
He might be quite frankly but we have several options as well with Beck, Hage and Newhook.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Forwards who will make the team (whether deserving or not):
Caufield, Suzuki, Slaf, Dach, Laine, Newhook, Anderson, Gallagher, Evans, Armia, Dvorak
Forward who should make the team: Roy
Forwards who might make the team (in order of likelihood):
Kapanen, Beck, Heineman, ABB, Simoneau, Farrell

Defensemen who will make the team: Matheson, Savard, Guhle, Barron, Xhekaj
Defensemen who should make the team: Hutson, Struble
Defensemen who might make the team (in order of likelihood):
Mailloux, Reinbacher

Goalies: Montembeault, Primeau
Not sure that Struble as done enough right now that he should make the team he is the 4th LD he is definitely in the mix but he is in the same spot as Mailloux.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
If they win the spot and we could get any value for Dvorak it would be good. But how much better will they be and wouldn’t they (and the team) be better serve long term playing 1st line minute in the SHL/AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad