News Article: Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage Part VI

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
FWIW, I get about 90% of what I could conceivably want to watch on Fubo. I'm in Colorado (but my local news is in New Mexico.) I was amazed when I saw the list. NHL Network was an excellent surprise. Sadly, we do not get ESPN8 - The Ocho! Fubo, for me at least, is way way cheaper than Cable TV. Especially if you have kids and 3+ televisions running.

Then again, this does little for my Canadian and European brothers at HB.
I have only been slightly inconvenienced by my desire to stay strictly above the grey areas of the law.

For example, I actually haven't bothered with trying to get a VPN to work with my Roku or iPad when on vacation out of the country in order to watch ESPN+ content. If I can't find it in the country I'm in at the time, maybe I should just spend more attention on the country I'm visiting!

But if I lived in a market as messed up as Colorado. I will tell you this, I would have absolutely no issues getting the Disney+ bundle and a VPN for use with ESPN+ to make them think you are up here in Alaska or if the thought is too cold, tell it you're in Miami. Anywhere but Altitudes area of access and enjoy.

I feel at this point, between Disney+, Sling Orange (ESPN proper, ESPN2, TNT, TBS, w/ sports bundle (NHLTV) is more than enough. Even the additional sports bundle for the few games on NHLTV is stupid as hell. We can only lead the horses to the water, we can't force them to drink. Use the tools that are available to you to enjoy life. It might be gray, but both Disney+ bundles and VPNs are allowed in the US.

[edit...I also want to say that this was NOT my initial inclinations towards digital content online. It was the practices of businesses involved that lead me to evolve my take. I still legitimately try to pay my way. But seriously....three subscriptions and I'm still going to miss some odd game in February? f*** off NHL!]

Last edited:

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
I have only been slightly inconvenienced by my desire to stay strictly above the grey areas of the law.

For example, I actually haven't bothered with trying to get a VPN to work with my Roku or iPad when on vacation out of the country in order to watch ESPN+ content. If I can't find it in the country I'm in at the time, maybe I should just spend more attention on the country I'm visiting!

But if I lived in a market as messed up as Colorado. I will tell you this, I would have absolutely no issues getting the Disney+ bundle and a VPN for use with ESPN+ to make them think you are up here in Alaska or if the thought is too cold, tell it you're in Miami. Anywhere but Altitudes area of access and enjoy.

I feel at this point, between Disney+, Sling Orange (ESPN proper, ESPN2, TNT, TBS, w/ sports bundle (NHLTV) is more than enough. Even the additional sports bundle for the few games on NHLTV is stupid as hell. We can only lead the horses to the water, we can't force them to drink. Use the tools that are available to you to enjoy life. It might be gray, but both Disney+ bundles and VPNs are allowed in the US.

[edit...I also want to say that this was NOT my initial inclinations towards digital content online. It was the practices of businesses involved that lead me to evolve my take. I still legitimately try to pay my way. But seriously....three subscriptions and I'm still going to miss some odd game in February? f*** off NHL!]
My wife and daughter are MAJOR Avalanche fans. As am I. But asking them to initiate (and accomplish) streaming and VPN access for Avs games . . . well, I might as well ask them to identify and define dark matter (they failed miserably on the Higgs Boson)..

So we have the "Comcast/Fubo bundle" - don't ask for details.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I haven't had good luck getting a VPN to fool Disney or ESPN+ consistently when out of the US, but I haven't tried that hard.

On another note I may have found a way to not have to deal with ESPN+ at all. Which I'm excited about.

DirecTV streaming is the most expensive option for TV streaming, but allows two locations. So if you can find some other household to share it with you are back in the 60$ range per month. Which at that price it's better than anything else.

They also offer out of market access to Altitude with their sports package. As of right now with this combination it looks like I never have to log into ESPN for a game. National games are all on DTV, and if the game isn't National I get access to Altitude.

It's not the cheapest way to go, but I'm hoping to avoid the commercial dead space more and ESPN plus entirely. I can't stand the same sound and image repetition enough that I end up on my phone and not paying attention to the game at times when it's back on.

I also just have a long and entrenched distain for ESPN in general.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
My wife and daughter are MAJOR Avalanche fans. As am I. But asking them to initiate (and accomplish) streaming and VPN access for Avs games . . . well, I might as well ask them to identify and define dark matter (they failed miserably on the Higgs Boson)..

So we have the "Comcast/Fubo bundle" - don't ask for details.
That's what I would have, but I can’t justify paying the Fubo cost on top of the Xfinity cost. I have tried suggesting switching to YouTube TV and adding additional streaming services, including Altitude+ (when it comes out) to what we already have, but so far that has fallen on deaf ears. My kids don't even watch TV. They watch everything via streams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad