henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

Oh this is where we need @Pokecheque

popcorn-eating.gif

Reactions: Balthazar

Cake Malar

Oct 14, 2017
I don't know about that. Didn't that position spring board the last two girls who worked there? Maybe fans just didn't warm up to her like the did the Laurens?
I doubt it had anything to do with fans liking her or not. Altitude is probably operating in the red because they don't have a contract with Comcast and are looking to cut costs. I doubt they even get a replacement.

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com

They finally got a solid person for that gig who probably wanted to stay and not jet like the others who got better opportunities, so of course they don't roll with that. It is kind of a joke network though.

Can’t speak for altitude, but some family friends have a family friend whose daughter works for the Penguins( or did a few years ago at least)and previously worked for the Avs. Apparently it’s night and day better in Pittsburgh vs Colorado.
She's from that area, no? I hope she can land a gig like that, she definitely put her work in and embraced a new community. I wish her all the best.

redandyellowcametobe

Jan 4, 2019
I’ve wondered if Meghan from DNVR ever jumps into a role like that. While she was shy super and monotone when she came onto the scene, she’s lapped her counterparts at this point. Her questions have layers and often the best in the Avs media. She certainly knows NHL and minor league hockey better than most hosts/game interviewers. Also, at risk of sounding weird.. she also has a face for TV. She’s really pretty. I’d have to assume she will go to TV eventually? Maybe I’m wrong.

I’m sure altitude doesn’t currently pay well due to their situation.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I’ve wondered if Meghan from DNVR ever jumps into a role like that. While she was shy super and monotone when she came onto the scene, she’s lapped her counterparts at this point. Her questions have layers and often the best in the Avs media. She certainly knows NHL and minor league hockey better than most hosts/game interviewers. Also, at risk of sounding weird.. she also has a face for TV. She’s really pretty. I’d have to assume she will go to TV eventually? Maybe I’m wrong.

I’m sure altitude doesn’t currently pay well due to their situation.
Meghan seems like more of a journalist to me, someone interested in stories and investigating/asking questions.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Meghan seems like more of a journalist to me, someone interested in stories and investigating/asking questions.
100%, she's not just a talking pretty face. No disrespect to Lauren's and KG, but that's what they mostly were with Altitude and what most local rink side reporters are in the NHL.

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
Bummer. Always liked Katie.

Long term, probably a positive for KG. I think Altitude's future is very much a question mark. Kinda rough to let her go while at the same time keeping a blowhard like Moser though. I know he's a play by play guy and she was the spotlight reporter but . . . well, I just can't stand Moser.

And please don't tell me that they cut KG loose but chose to keep Yan Stastny.

Last edited:

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Eagles also shaking it up, (though I guess this is from her initiative)

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
My guess is the replacement is already there. Kim Becker, who's slowly been more involved with the Avs broadcasts and Altitude Radio the last couple years.
I don’t think it’s her. I think it might be Katie Florio who does the same job for the Eagles and just coincidentally announced she’s leaving that job.

This seems like a really dumb move, she had a leg up on the Laurens in that she has a long history with the sport of hockey. Not sure what prompted this other than Altitude once again getting chintzy with the money.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I don’t think it’s her. I think it might be Katie Florio who does the same job for the Eagles and just coincidentally announced she’s leaving that job.
She makes it sound like she's leaving Colorado altogether:

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
Also can we fire whoever is the social media manager? While I appreciate they don’t go the dumb Chargers/Golden Knights trolling route, they’re still way too corny

Reactions: dahrougem2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad