Proposal: Colorado All In (PHI/ARI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
To Philadelphia
2023 1st (top 15 Protected). If top 15, unprotected 2024 1st
Justin Barron

To Colorado
Claude Giroux (50% retention)

To Arizona
2023 2nd
Sean Behrens/Drew Helleson
Sampo Ranta/Jean-Luc Foudy
JT Compher

To Colorado
Lawson Crouse
(Not sure how to word this but Arizona retains 50% of 50% Giroux's deal)

Last edited:

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
So we're trading you Giroux at 50% and Crouse for that?

Definitely not enough. I'm not sure I'd take that for Crouse alone but if you want us to retain 50% (4.5m) there's not a chance in hell. Plus you want us to take Compher too. His deal isn't awful by any means but he's not going to do much on our team and has almost no value at that price point. If you want Crouse you're going to have to pay a lot, and it's likely going to have to be quality, because we have no need of quantity when we have like 10 picks in the first 2 rounds coming up. And if you want us to save you another 8m, that's gonna be even more - BA has already shown he's capable of getting good assets for dumps.

I also don't think that's enough for Giroux in the first place, but I'm not a PHI fan.

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019

Definitely not enough. I'm not sure I'd take that for Crouse alone but if you want us to retain 50% (4.5m) there's not a chance in hell. Plus you want us to take Compher too. His deal isn't awful by any means but he's not going to do much on our team and has almost no value at that price point. If you want Crouse you're going to have to pay a lot, and it's likely going to have to be quality, because we have no need of quantity when we have like 10 picks in the first 2 rounds coming up. And if you want us to save you another 8m, that's gonna be even more - BA has already shown he's capable of getting good assets for dumps.

I also don't think that's enough for Giroux in the first place, but I'm not a PHI fan.
First of all, you won't retain 4.5 million. 50% at this point in the season is retention of 2.5 million cap space. And since Giroux's base salary for the year is 4 million (less than half of his AAV) , Arizona will end up paying a lot closer to 1 million

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019

That's not an unreasonable position, but just a correction, PHI retains 50% and then AZ retains 50% of that so about $2m. Same as Detroit with Savard last year if my understanding of the cap implications is correct.

My value for Crouse was based on a thread from a few days ago where it seemed a few good prospects + a 2nd was ok with most AZ fans. I do believe both Sean Behrens and Drew Helleson will be NHL players. Compher is no value, yes.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
that’s not happening. Any deadline trade teams will put top 10 restrictions on 1st traded.
How can Colorado pick top 10?? I dont get all the « unprotected » stuff… edit ok i see 2023

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
From the Avs perspective, here’s what’s wrong with this: Giroux, Forsberg, and Hertl have a decent chance to come up for free agency this year. It’s better to hold on to the assets and target one of them.

For that reason, in this scenario, I’d rather target Crouse. Just make it about picks.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
giphy.gif

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
No one is gonna unprotect a first round pick for a rental. Even Seth Jones was traded for a protected pick.

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
To win a Stanley Cup?

And to those saying it does not address Avs needs. Does Lawson Crouse not address PK and size/toughness in bottom 6?

Avs are married to Kuemper for this year IMO. I don't want MAF anyway.

From the Avs perspective, here’s what’s wrong with this: Giroux, Forsberg, and Hertl have a decent chance to come up for free agency this year. It’s better to hold on to the assets and target one of them.

For that reason, in this scenario, I’d rather target Crouse. Just make it about picks.

And how does that help them win a Cup this year? No guarantee any of them make it to free agency and if they do, then sign with the Avs. Besides the Avs will have plenty of cap space next offseason to sign free agents if desired.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Not going to complain about protected vs. unprotected. Don't expect the Avs pick to be top 10-15 no matter the circumstances. I wouldn't hate it at all as a Flyers fan.

Reactions: captainpaxil

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
Avs go all in next year (last year of MacKinnon's cheap contract), not this year
Next year Kadri, Burakovsky, & Nichuskin could all walk. They have 0 NHL goaltenders signed past this season. And outside of the small chance of Patrick Kane, I highly doubt you find someone as good as Giroux available.

Reactions: TheKingPin

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I think G is a great fit for the Avs. He also has a full NMC so I don’t think they will get max value or have a shot at a better 1st. Being able to be an Avs fan would be great for us Philly fans.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Would be best to get a goalie that doesn't suck. The Avs won't win anything no matter how stacked they get with bad goaltending.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad