NCAA: College Football 2024: Conference Re-Malign-ment, News & Notes Talk

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
IMG_0663.jpeg

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rose Bowl will always have the prestige over the other games imo
We’ll see it in the first year because the Rose Bowl is a QF. If that does better ratings than the SF, we may see a shift. Especially if the first round tanks against the NFL.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Possible 1-2 post-season ban for the cheaters
they ain’t going to the playoff, and they not gonna give a shit about the Outback Bowl, so the juice was worth the squeeze

Reactions: DaveG

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I think the ACC lasts longer because I don't think either the big ten or the SEC want FSU

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
My full expectation for a while now has been that the Big Ten wants Georgia Tech, North Carolina, Virginia, and maybe either or both of Boston College and Syracuse, the SEC wants NC State and Virginia Tech, and the Big Twelve will just pick what they want of the remaining schools.

Big Ten wants market expansion with an allusion to good academics. SEC wants football but not by double dipping in states already with an SEC program (Texas was big enough to be an exception). Big Twelve wants buffer members for protection for when they get raided again in order to survive.

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
How much longer do we think the conference system survives?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Glad they didn’t change the song.

How much longer do we think the conference system survives?

The eventual future, in my head, is a 2.5 power conference system, where the Big Ten and SEC are the overwhelming power brokers and have vast majority of seats at the table, the Big Twelve is a hanger-on with one or two, and some tokens are tossed at smaller conferences and Notre Dame when the latter is good.

Reactions: DaveG and LT

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
My full expectation for a while now has been that the Big Ten wants Georgia Tech, North Carolina, Virginia, and maybe either or both of Boston College and Syracuse, the SEC wants NC State and Virginia Tech, and the Big Twelve will just pick what they want of the remaining schools.

Big Ten wants market expansion with an allusion to good academics. SEC wants football but not by double dipping in states already with an SEC program (Texas was big enough to be an exception). Big Twelve wants buffer members for protection for when they get raided again in order to survive.
to the bolded, I wouldn't count out Miami instead of BC or Cuse.

Carolina is the team both conferences want, though not sure if the Heels would prefer the B1G instead or the SEC anymore. Under their prior president it was 100% B1G, but he left to take the position at MSU instead and no idea what the current situation is. I don't think we'll get a good read until closer to the end of the GOR... or until 26 if it sounds like the courts are going to side with FSU and Clemson. I will say I can't see either of those two going to all this expense if they didn't have a landing spot, and that almost definitely won't be the Big 12.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Big Ten will definitely find their way into Florida.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
to the bolded, I wouldn't count out Miami instead of BC or Cuse.

Carolina is the team both conferences want, though not sure if the Heels would prefer the B1G instead or the SEC anymore. Under their prior president it was 100% B1G, but he left to take the position at MSU instead and no idea what the current situation is. I don't think we'll get a good read until closer to the end of the GOR... or until 26 if it sounds like the courts are going to side with FSU and Clemson. I will say I can't see either of those two going to all this expense if they didn't have a landing spot, and that almost definitely won't be the Big 12.

From what I read online the B1G doesn’t want to deal with North Carolina politics when it comes to UNC

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 2