NCAA: College Football 2024: Conference Re-Malign-ment, News & Notes Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Will be hard for small schools and lower-end major schools as well, Illinois included on that end compared to the mega hitters, but I don’t think they really have a leg to stand on complaint-wise if their argument is that they can’t possibly contend in an era where players get paid.

Reactions: DaveG

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
My proposal for the Big Ten to drop to 8 conference games and adopt a 5 protected/3 rotating opponent schedule format would have these provisions:

In order to keep the assigned rotating opponents the same in years 1/5, 2/6, 3/7, and 4/8 of the rotation, the protected matchups for years 5-8 would have the inverse venue rotation of years 1-4.

For instance, in years 1-4, UM-OSU would take place in Columbus in even years and Ann Arbor in odd years. For years 5-8, games in Columbus would be in odd years and Ann Arbor in even years, before switching back when a new 8-year rotation starts.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Allegedly in the works to be a temp stadium option for a supposedly power conference program:
image001.png

• Wow
Reactions: LT and DaveG

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Allegedly in the works to be a temp stadium option for a supposedly power conference program:View attachment 877973

At least it’s aesthetically pleasing…. On a lake that wrecks hell

My proposal for the Big Ten to drop to 8 conference games and adopt a 5 protected/3 rotating opponent schedule format would have these provisions:

In order to keep the assigned rotating opponents the same in years 1/5, 2/6, 3/7, and 4/8 of the rotation, the protected matchups for years 5-8 would have the inverse venue rotation of years 1-4.

For instance, in years 1-4, UM-OSU would take place in Columbus in even years and Ann Arbor in odd years. For years 5-8, games in Columbus would be in odd years and Ann Arbor in even years, before switching back when a new 8-year rotation starts.

The B1G is not going back to an 8 game schedule.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I laugh every time I see Floridas schedule for November this year.

The new conference realignment has some schedules LOADED.

Michigan probably plays preseason 2, 3 and 4

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I laugh every time I see Floridas schedule for November this year.

The new conference realignment has some schedules LOADED.

Michigan probably plays preseason 2, 3 and 4
You know what else is some crazy shit? Florida State is done with their ACC schedule on November 2. Their last three games are non-conference. That just doesn’t happen.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Former NBA player Raja Bell son just committed to Texas.

Borderline 5* QB who plays for an absolute powerhouse of a program in American Heritage

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

LSU really gonna go with Garrett Nussmeier?

Former NBA player Raja Bell son just committed to Texas.

Borderline 5* QB who plays for an absolute powerhouse of a program in American Heritage
The 2001 Sixers don’t get to the finals without Raja Bell

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008

Will reiterate what Herbstreit said about OSU. All this individual recruiting talent and 5 stars don't matter.

"If I were Ryan Day... I’ve always felt that when Ohio State is tougher, the recruiting that they have done from the end of the Urban Meyer era to now, they recruit nationally. They go to Florida. They go to Georgia. They go to North Carolina. They go to Texas. They go to California. If you look at the Ohio State roster, there are not a ton of Ohio guys. (If I were Ryan Day, I would look) at that aspect of the roster and find more Ohio guys that qualified to be on the Ohio State roster to make them appreciate what The Game really means. You can put slogans up. You can do a fourth-quarter drill (and call it) 'The Michigan Drill.' You can have a clock in the Woody Hayes facility. But the reality is, when we watch The Game, it feels like the Michigan team plays as a group where they play like with a chip on their shoulder. They’re mad at the world. They play with something to prove. And in the last three years that has been more than what Ohio State has brought to the table in that game."

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
I’m a Michigan fan so I don’t say this lightly but there is zero excuse for OSU to not win “the game” this year. Sherrone has picked up nice pieces lately but OSU is loaded. If they somehow lose this year Day might be fired before he reaches the post game table

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad