Confirmed with Link: Colin Miller, 2 x $1.5m AAV

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Good signing especially when teams are paying $3-4M for a 3rd pairing defenseman today.
Imo I think the only reason Bones did not play Miller more is Bones doesn’t like to change the lineups that much.
I am surprised Miller signed here but I guess he liked practicing with the guys and got along with them.
When you are a NHL journeyman you take the paydays as you can. If 2 X $1.5M is the best the market has to offer you take it.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
This really speaks to the quality of our Press Box.
The popcorn is good when it's fresh

Yup, feels small on a day that the owners spent more than a billion but at the end of the day earning 3 million dollars for two years of work isn't so bad
I'd be happy to make that in 20 years. This is US dollars we are talking about! 😀

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Maybe he'll get a chance to play this time.
His one playoff game was a good impression...his regular season work produced some of the worst metrics on defense along with substandard special teams results.

Miller's now only one of 2 Jets players who have been in a Stanley Cup final on this team, though the other, De Melo, was only a black ace in San Jose's 2016 run.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
His one playoff game was a good impression...his regular season work produced some of the worst metrics on defense along with substandard special teams results.

Miller's now only one of 2 Jets players who have been in a Stanley Cup final on this team, though the other, De Melo, was only a black ace in San Jose's 2016 run.
As much as I hate to assume this, given the basic concept of advanced statistics... you're using fancy stats from his five games with the Jets?

His new jersey numbers were solid

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
As much as I hate to assume this, given the basic concept of advanced statistics... you're using fancy stats from his five games with the Jets?

His new jersey numbers were solid
Yes I am, with the -2 as a caveat...just to underline that he didn't exactly play himself into a starting role for the playoffs. One of those games was paired with Morrissey IIRC and it didn't go well...But he was some much needed edge in the playoffs, so maybe the adaptation to systems or personnel was off, because I think we got a good 3rd pairing d-man today.

Reactions: WolfHouse

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
They guy that wasn't good enough to see the ice and was behind Nate Shit, and Logan Stanley.

Off season accomplishments so far: Downgrade Head Coach. Downgrade goaltending. Downgrade defense. Long shot draft picks.

Come on, Chevy.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I don’t think even @Whileee could polish this turd
You mean the Whileee that predicted that the Jets would hang with the Stars and Avs last season, based on roster strength?

I think the Jets made mistakes in going slower with Monahan and Toffoli, and probably should have used Miller more in the playoffs (especially with the Avs).

But the regular season, I think my assessment was pretty much bang on...

1719978345094.png

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
You mean the Whileee that predicted that the Jets would hang with the Stars and Avs last season, based on roster strength?

I think the Jets made mistakes in going slower with Monahan and Toffoli, and probably should have used Miller more in the playoffs (especially with the Avs).

But the regular season, I think my assessment was pretty much bang on...

View attachment 891697
Sorry Whileee I was meaning Logan Stanley in particular.
Showing stats that made him seem good.
I think it’s time to retire for the evening.
I picked the Jets to finish 3rd last year in the central.
You were very close

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad