Prospect Info: Cole Eiserman, 20th Overall 2024 NHL Draft

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
I sorta get the comparisons but looks like he was BPA and clearly fits a need for us. Are we not supposed to draft shooters because it didn’t work out two or three times in the last twenty years? I don’t even know if I’d count Bellows in this group, he wasn’t as highly regarded IIRC.

Reactions: doublechili

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Not making the comparison in the player, but I have only seen similar goal to game ratio in goal scoring from the same US program in one player to Eiserman, Auston Matthews. Hope he is atleast a better playoff performer than Matthews is. Matthews was a Sept 17 birthday also. Eiserman August 29.

Matthews playoff numbers are not bad, it's just he is so dominant in the regular season that it's always likely he'll look like they are.

In the last 3 years, he has 10G/14A in 23 games. And anyone who watched Leaf playoff games (obviously a guilty pleasure for many!) knows he's been snakebitten too. If he puts up a PPG in the playoffs, Eiserman would be canonized by many.

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
Matthews playoff numbers are not bad, it's just he is so dominant in the regular season that it's always likely he'll look like they are.

In the last 3 years, he has 10G/14A in 23 games. And anyone who watched Leaf playoff games (obviously a guilty pleasure for many!) knows he's been snakebitten too. If he puts up a PPG in the playoffs, Eiserman would be canonized by many.
Yeah cross that bridge when we get there. There's a fair chance we aren't making the playoffs the first season Eiserman makes the show, were going to have to have some down years pretty soon to restock and retool.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Sharing a bunch of content from draft guides, I'll do this for everyone we pick today:

NHL Draft Black Book

1719674634249.png

1719674672385.png

1719674686170.png

Eliteprospects:
1719674737549.png

1719674750847.png

1719674765714.png

1719674797760.png

1719674834581.png

[Not including all the game scouting notes, too many to post]

Future Considerations (there is also a multiple-page feature on him)

1719674931750.png

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

I would be happy if Eiseman has a great year in Boston U this upcoming season. If he does, this will justify this pick. If I were him, I would have a burr in my side for teams passing on him. This is the attitude I am hoping for. Not going to go into Matthews per expectations in playoffs failures to keep this thread on topic. Just wanted to point out, Eisman's goal scoring proficiency in the US Developmental leagues are similar. This could mean nothing, but he is in good co with Kessel, Caulfield, and Mr drop your pants.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Thanks for sharing the scouting reports. From everything I’ve read, his skating, puck skills, and offensive IQ enables him to unleash his shot. Those are very important elements for his goalscoring to translate at the NHL level.

If they were to keep this pick, this is exactly what I was looking for; top-5 talent.

Reactions: Lek

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Is it true that he was only a couple weeks away from being in the 2025 draft?
This is what makes him even more appealing. He is already 6'0 195lbs. He is 17, and only turns 18 in August. He could turn into a power fwd when he is a finished product at 6'1 6''2 210-215 lbs when he hits the NHL. Apparently he has a bit of a physical side when he wants to apply it. If he fell on the other side of Sept 15, after a year at Boston U, it would be interesting where he would be drafted next year.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
This is what makes him even more appealing. He is already 6'0 195lbs. He is 17, and only turns 18 in August. He could turn into a power fwd when he is a finished product at 6'1 6''2 210-215 lbs when he hits the NHL. Apparently he has a bit of a physical side when he wants to apply it. If he fell on the other side of Sept 15, after a year at Boston U, it would be interesting where he would be drafted next year.
I saw at the under 18s once and ye he can really shoot the puck. Figured the isles didn’t have much of a chance of drafting Cole so I really didn’t pay much attention to him during the game. I was watching Connelly closely as I thought he could be a target in the draft.Cole Hutson actually really impressed me was hoping to get him in round 2. Will see with Eiserman. Kid can definitely shoot. One timer snap wrist shot release has it all. Definitely has more speed to his game than Bellows or Wally.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I saw at the under 18s once and ye he can really shoot the puck. Figured the isles didn’t have much of a chance of drafting Cole so I really didn’t pay much attention to him during the game. I was watching Connelly closely as I thought he could be a target in the draft.Cole Hutson actually really impressed me was hoping to get him in round 2. Will see with Eiserman. Kid can definitely shoot. One timer snap wrist shot release has it all. Definitely has more speed to his game than Bellows or Wally.
Sounds like a player Barzal can feed for one-timers. I am one that believes players if they can show enough should be able to play after their D+1 years. He won't make the Isles next year for sure, but if he has a solid year at Boston with progression, we may see him in 2025-26. If not, Isles can take their time with him. That is the usual AHL experience route. Development is different for all players.

Reactions: Islesfan22

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
Checking in during a lengthy family vacation in my Motherland of Ireland. Thrilled with this pick, was really excited when I woke up and saw the news. I don't give a rats ass if he's a one trick pony, we don't have a single horse who can perform this trick as is in our rodeo so I'm very excited.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Portugal vs Slovenia
    KNOCKOUT Portugal vs Slovenia
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $28,564.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $75.00