Confirmed with Link: Brown back 1yr $1M

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Great.. his cap hit is still going to sting thus year but this is a great AAV and him doing this organization a favor
It's definitely his fault and you should definitely keep bringing it up as if he did nothing to contribute last season

It is like 4.25M this year for a fourth liner but … mistakes were made in the past, this is alright today.
See above. You absolute whiners

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
It's definitely his fault and you should definitely keep bringing it up as if he did nothing to contribute last season

He basically did nothing to contribute last season. In the playoffs, he started to find his groove at the last second. But he is getting paid for 82 games of AHL caliber hockey. It was dumb then its dumb now MOD

I tried to attack this deal when it happened and along the season and people defended it saying “you’re not allowed to complain he’s getting paid league minimum this year”. Well, now he’s getting paid 4.25M this year, so When is the right time to complain exactly? Trash deal. If we had this money we’d be in on Stamkos and Pesce and Marchessault right now instead of a Brown extension.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedingOil

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013

Sure, go by your standards and don't mention anyone else's high cap hit.

Anyone who complains about Nurse , Kane or Ceci's cap is an absolute f***ing whiner.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
He basically did nothing to contribute last season. In the playoffs, he started to find his groove at the last second. But he is getting paid for 82 games of AHL caliber hockey. It was dumb then its dumb now MOD

I tried to attack this deal when it happened and along the season and people defended it saying “you’re not allowed to complain he’s getting paid league minimum this year”. Well, now he’s getting paid 4.25M this year, so When is the right time to complain exactly? Trash deal. If we had this money we’d be in on Stamkos and Pesce and Marchessault right now instead of a Brown extension.

Without Brown we don't get past Dallas.

Also to answer your question: there is no right time to complain about this deal, but it's not going to stop you from doing so daily for two years... so... you know... you be you.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Stoked to have Brownie back slinging shitburgers :D

I think we will be seeing playoff Brown more often than not, now that he’s had a year to heal up. Excellent depth, elite PKer and could be a player that finds time in the top 6 and doesn’t look out of place (unlike when he wasn’t ready early last season).

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
It is like 4.25M this year for a fourth liner but … mistakes were made in the past, this is alright today.

He’s not going to be a fourth liner. He was playing on the third line by the end of the year, and he was a middle 6er before the injury. It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if he lives up to the 4 million dollar contract this year

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Brown probably left a few hundred thousand on the table. Good move. In other news Toronto Losers gave a massive contract to the Flames loser Tanev. If that's the rate, I guess Sissy is not going anywhere.

Watch him go back to his old ways and not be able to get it up until game 75.

I think we will be seeing playoff Brown more often than not, now that he’s had a year to heal up. Excellent depth, elite PKer and could be a player that finds time in the top 6 and doesn’t look out of place (unlike when he wasn’t ready early last season).

Watch him go back to his old ways and not be able to get it up until game 75.

Reactions: alanschu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad