Prospect Info: Cole Eiserman, 20th Overall 2024 NHL Draft

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

scott99

May 13, 2005
Man, I can’t tell you how thrilled I am with this pick. I can’t believe he fell to the Isles, what a steal. Lou hit a home run. As one of the guys who was sure Lou was gonna trade #20, boy was I wrong, brilliant pick.

Reactions: FoxYou727

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
No. 20 New York Islanders Select: Cole Eiserman, LW, U.S.

U18 Team

Scouting Report

The best pure goal scorer in the draft, Eiserman became the NTDP's all-time leading goal scorer with 127 over two seasons. He averaged better than a goal per game with 58 in 57 appearances for the NTDP this season. Eiserman's shooting ability, especially with his lethal one-timer, is as good as it gets in this class. His tumble down the draft board, however, is the result of some concerns over his overall hockey sense and lack of value away from the puck.

He's improved elements of his game, but not to the degree to be viewed as anything more than a goal scorer. Because his best skill is his scoring, he's still likely to be picked in the lottery range as there's a real chance for him to become a top-six forward who will stack goals in the NHL. However, he will likely need to be paired with a play-driving center or linemate to maximize his scoring capabilities, which is why he's out of the top tier of prospects in this class.

Instant Analysis

This seemed impossible a year ago, to see Eiserman get to 20, but there he was and now the Islanders have the best goal scorer in the draft. The Islanders need to score goals. Oddly enough, New York is also the team that draft Oliver Wahlstrom and Kieffer Bellows, two of the NTDP's top scorers that didn't see their scoring translate to the NHL. I think Eiserman has much better of a chance to reach his ceiling than the previous two, however. Skating isn't as much of an issue. Eiserman has that boom-bust potential of being maybe a 40-goal scorer or the scoring not translating. It's always a crapshoot, but if you can score, you've got a good chance to make it. Eiserman will score.

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
We traded down and still got a guy like Cole Eiserman. Prospects are like magic beans, but I feel like we got good value out of the trade. I’m satisfied.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Glad to read he’s a much better skater than Wally and Bellows were. I’m so burned by those picks in this range
Yeah, we haven’t had luck with American players lately (Wahlstrom & Bellows), but we did have good luck with Lee & Nelson. Hopefully he falls into the Lee/Nelson bucket.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Happy about the pick as we need a goal scorer. Can’t really say to much about him as I’ve only seen him play once. From what I saw he’s got a really good one timer

isles55

Mar 7, 2015
Drafting goal-scoring wingers in the first round has not worked out for us in recent years. Let's hope he turns out differently.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
This is the right pick. There will be comparisons to Wahlstrom/Bellows but if Eiserman fails it will not be due to his skating. The kid can throw the body and score goals. He scored almost 2 times the amount that Wahlstrom did. It will be a couple of seasons before we see him in NHL action but keeping the pick with the talent that ended up falling was the smart move here.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Not making the comparison in the player, but I have only seen similar goal to game ratio in goal scoring from the same US program in one player to Eiserman, Auston Matthews. Hope he is atleast a better playoff performer than Matthews is. Matthews was a Sept 17 birthday also. Eiserman August 29.

Reactions: Potvottier

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad