Cole Caufield: Is this the year?

How Many Goals Will Caufield Score in 2023/24?

• Total voters

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Once Ducharme was out of the way CC put up 48 in his first 82 with half coming from his rookie year. Last year 314 shots. Those are elite numbers coming from a really young player.

You have to bend yourself into a pretzel to say he’s Mike Hoffman - who wasn’t even a league regular at this age.

And you’ve picked a really weird time to go after him considering he’s a goal per game in his last 15. It’d be one thing to say ‘puck luck’ as that’s true, but to say he sucks? Makes no sense.
Listening to him people here aren’t smart enough or doesn’t know hockey. His comments has alluded to that in multiple threads. So i’m not sure there is some arguments to be having.

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Once Ducharme was out of the way CC put up 48 in his first 82 with half coming from his rookie year. Last year 314 shots. Those are elite numbers coming from a really young player.

You have to bend yourself into a pretzel to say he’s Mike Hoffman - who wasn’t even a league regular at this age.

And you’ve picked a really weird time to go after him considering he’s a goal per game in his last 15. It’d be one thing to say ‘puck luck’ as that’s true, but to say he sucks? Makes no sense.
It's not a weird time if you watch the game attentively. If you're a DB scout, sure.

Listening to him people here aren’t smart enough or doesn’t know hockey. His comments has alluded to that in multiple threads. So i’m not sure there is some arguments to be having.
Honestly, yes it's about that. Most fans are dumb and or don't watch hockey.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It's not a weird time if you watch the game attentively. If you're a DB scout, sure.
As I said, that line isn’t dominating as it usually does. But CC has had great chances and is capitalizing on them. I don’t get why you’d single him out. He’s been the most consistently dangerous player on that line.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
As I said, that line isn’t dominating as it usually does. But CC has had great chances and is capitalizing on them. I don’t get why you’d single him out. He’s been the most consistently dangerous player on that line.
Because he's been singlehandedly bad for a while now. Goals or not. I don't turn on players who have success. I turn on turnover machines.

Short shifts and puck management is how dynasties are built. Caufield is a net negative in those parts.

Imagine demanding more from your players, crazy concept.

Yeah we're all ignorant, just like that time when we didn't buy into his craze over Josh Brook. "the next PK Subban" iirc.
Et tu Brute!

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Because he's been singlehandedly bad for a while now. Goals or not. I don't turn on players who have success. I turn on turnover machines.

Short shifts and puck management is how dynasties are built. Caufield is a net negative in those parts.

Imagine demanding more from your players, crazy concept.
Demand more from Suzuki then. He’s been missing in action. Same with Slaf.

As for CC, yep he turns the puck over too much. But he’s great at stealing them as well. He’ll always be a somewhat uni-dimensional player but he’s the best offensive weapon in our lineup. The most important thing a player can offer is goals.

Again, I agree he needs more shots and they need more offensive zone time this year. But that’s the whole line, not just him.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Since there is a lots of takes in this thread.

In giveaway/60, Caufield is 3rd among forwards (Gallagher and Dvorak comes before him), he has 7 giveaways credited (good for 5th on the team equal to Savard) and a single takeaway.

Suzuki and Slaf both have less giveaways (3 and 4) and more takeaways (3 and 2) then him.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Demand more from Suzuki then. He’s been missing in action. Same with Slaf.

As for CC, yep he turns the puck over too much. But he’s great at stealing them as well. He’ll always be a somewhat uni-dimensional player but he’s the best offensive weapon in our lineup. The most important thing a player can offer is goals.

Again, I agree he needs more shots and they need more offensive zone time this year. But that’s the whole line, not just him.
He's not great at stealing them, that's an outright lie.

Suzuki is clearly the best player on his line and only you could see otherwise.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Should get 30-35 this year.

If the team changes their coach, or everyone gets their shit together, he could hit 40.

I think he will get to 40 at some point, just need an obvious better team

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Since there is a lots of takes in this thread.

In giveaway/60, Caufield is 3rd among forwards (Gallagher and Dvorak comes before him), he has 7 giveaways credited (good for 5th on the team equal to Savard) and a single takeaway.

Suzuki and Slaf both have less giveaways (3 and 4) and more takeaways (3 and 2) then him.
Yeah he's a top 6 sniper its fine , Idk why we expect PPG first liner franchise winger from caufield , its ridiculous , we should be happy with his start if anything.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He's not great at stealing them, that's an outright lie.
Yeah, I’m lying…
Suzuki is clearly the best player on his line and only you could see otherwise.
Suzuki is the most complete player on his line. No argument there. Offensively though, I’ll take CC.

And Nick needs to step up. The Rangers game was actually the best I’ve seen him offensively.

I’ve long maintained that CC has elite offensive talents, just needs to be healthy enough to show it. The underlying numbers are there for him to be one of the best goalscorers in the league. But that line as a whole needs to be better.

Reactions: SlafySZN

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Signed as a franchise winger? What in the world are you saying lol.
Let them be outraged and mad lol. Its hilarious. They talk about hockey knowledge and set these nonsense expectations on guys. Caufield is a bum why doesn't he get 20 more points a season and play a solid defensive game!!

Literally trying to make him out as a player he is not and then act disappointed about it

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Let them be outraged and mad lol. Its hilarious. They talk about hockey knowledge and set these nonsense expectations on guys. Caufield is a bum why doesn't he get 20 more points a season and play a solid defensive game!!

Literally trying to make him out as a player he is not and then act disappointed about it
They say ‘’all we want from him is to score!’’ but then he does that and suddenly it’s something else.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
97stcr.jpg

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yeah he's a top 6 sniper its fine , Idk why we expect PPG first liner franchise winger from caufield , its ridiculous , we should be happy with his start if anything.
If he's not scoring 40+ his value is negative. I'll live with the warts of a guy that scores one every two game, not one that score 24 in a season. You're continually trying to lower the bar for some very weird reason. It's weird. Very weird.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Actually funny. I'd be just as critical of Michkov if he was 23 and paid 8 millions and supposed to be the 2nd coming of Jesus.

Yeah, I’m lying…

Suzuki is the most complete player on his line. No argument there. Offensively though, I’ll take CC.

And Nick needs to step up. The Rangers game was actually the best I’ve seen him offensively.

I’ve long maintained that CC has elite offensive talents, just needs to be healthy enough to show it. The underlying numbers are there for him to be one of the best goalscorers in the league. But that line as a whole needs to be better.
I mean yes you are.

@morihane just posted the stats above. I don't get why you'd invent things as if there wasn't video and statistical evidence.

They say ‘’all we want from him is to score!’’ but then he does that and suddenly it’s something else.
All we want for him is to be an actual good hockey player, how's that? Because right now he's not that. He's the same as he was last year but he got lucky off zero angles shot.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
If he's not scoring 40+ his value is negative. I'll live with the warts of a guy that scores one every two game, not one that score 24 in a season. You're continually trying to lower the bar for some very weird reason. It's weird. Very weird.
I'm not lowering the bar I just know what he is as a player , clearly you think he's better than he is and you're disappointed, I know what he brings and what he needs to improve on but saying he's a negative is hilarious , I'm not even a big CC fan like others on this board either. He's our only goalscorer of course he's going to make 7.8 . He's also only 22 you're totally overeacting

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad