Confirmed Trade: [COL/SEA] Kurtis MacDermid for 2023 4th round pick

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
I assumed they picked up MacDermid to punch faces?
Okay, I have no idea what the hell Francis is thinking now. Some of those picks are just strange when they are only getting 4th rounders in return. It really has to be a full on tank with max cap space I guess.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I'd give up a 2022 3rd for Grundstrom lol some team might give up more lol what a dumb GM. I bet even Hague was worth more.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
I am amazed McDoBird is worth a 4th. Horrible NHL player. Big dumb D men are worth something I guess.
Kings where thinking at moving him to the 4th line because he can't play any defense.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
I am amazed McDoBird is worth a 4th. Horrible NHL player. Big dumb D men are worth something I guess.
Kings where thinking at moving him to the 4th line because he can't play any defense.
Do you realize how many 4th rounders don't even sniff the NHL...

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Many do though.
Alec Martinez? 4th rounder
Mikey Anderson a great young d-man on the Kings 4th rounder
Sure. What, like 15%? Good odds.

Seattle looks so stupid. They made NO pre draft deals, and then took crappy players that get them a 4th back instead of taking a better player and getting a 2nd or 3rd or something...

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
Play him as a 4th line winger instead. Get him to punch out Reaves and anyone else that is coming after our stars. Call it a day.

Reactions: McDonald19

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Who pooped in your cereal?

Just happy he is off the team bro. Seattle did us a favor and got rewarded too.
Time to get serious and bring in some talent on D. I rather see what Clague\Strand can do and maybe look for a UFA on D in case. Need a big body, sign Gabriel or Richie..they won't hurt you as much playing 4th line minutes.

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
I thought they drafted this dude because he was related to one of the bosses. Just a weird sequence of events.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Avs saying this is Graves insurance or a Nemeth replacement are mistaken. We love MacD in LA, but he gets exposed in transition constantly. He’s a true heavyweight, and he can pull 7D duties periodically, but unless he takes a mammoth step forward I don’t think he should play regularly.
No "Av" is saying this is Graves or Nemeth replacement :laugh:

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Ya this is clearly Joe/Bednar looking to add a guy who can really punch faces when needed.

He's gonna be a 7/8D and probably only play when we're facing rivals like Vegas/Arizona/St. Louis.

Weird trade but I think it fills a need we had, even if it's a very small need.
Since when are Arizona a rival? :huh:

Not much of a rivalry when only one team beats down on the other, and half of Arizona are new capdump players who are only playing out their contracts. Even Garland isn't even there anymore for Mackinnon to throw things at

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
More like "LOL Colorado". I thought they wanted to improve their defense, not make it worse.
Their defense is fine, I'm sure they'll survive icing Cale, Toews, Girard, Byram, MacNorris, Timmins and the corpse of EJ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad