Confirmed Trade: [COL/SEA] Kurtis MacDermid for 2023 4th round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
How does Francis justify passing on Clague or Grundstrom for MacDermid if he's going to flip MacDermid for a 4th a week later?
It makes no sense. Even if you dont get the draft pick you wanted for refraining to take Clague, you still take Clague.

It is like Francis was trying to blackmail people and everyone knew he didnt have the heart to "go throigh with it" and so they didnt pay up and they were right to call his bluff.

Reactions: Morrison

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Is Clague better than Giordano, Dunn, Soucy, Oleksiak? No. Is he even better than Fluery, Cholowski, Lauzon or Borgen? He's not waiver exempt anymore so if he's not one of your top 7 or 8 then he's a waste. Grundstrom is questionable but he still would be a 4th liner and Seattle hasn't even started to sign free agents yet, he may be another that isn't a top 13/14. Face punchers like MacDermid have more value than waiver eligible prospects.

Reactions: Irie and bleedgreen

Avs44

May 16, 2011
So a Graves replacement for 1/6 the cost. Got some size.. not sure it was worth a 4th. But not like Sakic was gonna draft a NHL player anyway outside the top 10
He's not even a Graves replacement. Graves is *way* better. Byram is the Graves replacement. This guy is Sakic looking to have a facepuncher to call upon when needed. That's literally it.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
So... Francis looks at what's available from LA and drafts his buddy's kid...

then flips him for a 4th

in two years

aight?
I am seriously thinking he is the worst job possible just to see what is the limit he can do before some Seattle fans turn on him.... as of right now most Seattle fans at least on this board seem content (shockingly) with his work. :laugh:

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Is Clague better than Giordano, Dunn, Soucy, Oleksiak? No. Is he even better than Fluery, Cholowski, Lauzon or Borgen? He's not waiver exempt anymore so if he's not one of your top 7 or 8 then he's a waste. Grundstrom is questionable but he still would be a 4th liner and Seattle hasn't even started to sign free agents yet, he may be another that isn't a top 13/14. Face punchers like MacDermid have more value than waiver eligible prospects.
He is a better asset than a 4th round pick. Guaranteed.

Reactions: LokiDog

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Even if Seattle didnt want him, someone else might.

Example: Ottawa didnt want Vegas to take Methot. Vegas asked Ottawa for a first round draft pick. Ottawa refused. Vegas took Methot anyway. Methot was not good enough for Vegas' defence, so Vegas traded him to Dallas for a 2nd. Thats what Seattle should have done about 10 more times.

Reactions: Quain

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
RJ on our board said something a week ago about "feeling overqualified to be an NHL GM" re: these seattle picks and i think i feel the same

what a joke

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles
Really, REALLY makes no sense here. Seattle passed on BPA from the Kings, most (me included) thought because they wanted specific traits MacD brings, then they do this? Wtf. Could have done the exact same move with Clague or Grund and gotten at least a 3rd maybe even a 3rd+4th.

So weird. But as a Kings fan, great for us.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Always liked Francis as a player but it really doesn’t seem like he’s a competent GM.

Saw an interview where he partially excused their poor expansion picks on “teams being prepared” whatever that meant.

Reactions: King'sPawn

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Why did they pass on Lizotte and Grundstrom? makes no sense.
lizotte's probably playing in europe in a year's time but i agree with the sentiment, there were much better options available that would've returned more than a 4th... easily..

or even something crazy like a roster player for their own team...

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
apparently we needed to spend a pick to get someone to punch reaves

I mean, not that we would have picked anyone useful with the 4th, but seems like a waste of it
reaves is scared of mac, but i'll be damned if i don't tune in to every avs-knights game just to see if it happens

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Always liked Francis as a player but it really doesn’t seem like he’s a competent GM.

Saw an interview where he partially excused their poor expansion picks on “teams being prepared” whatever that meant.
What’s hard about that concept? Teams were prepared.

Everyone is bagging on him for no side deals for extra picks, he gets a fourth for a 6-7th defenseman and people still are bagging on him. He already did a good job building the Canes so I don’t understand why people don’t give him more than a couple of weeks.

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad