Confirmed Trade: [COL/PHI] Sean Walker and 2026 5th round pick for 2025 1st round pick (top 10 protected) and Ryan Johansen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
I'm betting on a bounce back from RyJo in Philly.

Quote me on it!

Edit: Aaaand he's already on waivers. HAHAHA!
Hard to bounce back when you’ve been waived already. Torts tells GM I don’t want to coach this guy.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Wait, it's the 2025 1st? Huh. Think I would have preferred moving the 2024 1st, actually, unless the Avs already have plans for it this deadline.

Evergreen

An absolute bum with 2 years left at 4MM is a huge cap dump that teams have historically paid a 2nd or 1st to offload.

Even worst case you say Walker was only worth a 2nd - of which I disagree according to his advanced metrics and age comparable to the Tanev trade - then we should've received another 2nd or 3rd round pick, yet somehow we ADDED a 5th?? AND the 1st is a year out?

Don't like it.
Pretty sure that the Flyers can just buy out Johansen after this season and the cap hit is only like $1.67 per year for two years because Nashville is on the hook for half his salary.

Smart move by Briere to get maximize return for Walker.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Pretty sure that the Flyers can just buy out Johansen after this season and the cap hit is only like $1.67 per year for two years because Nashville is on the hook for half his salary.

Smart move by Briere to get maximize return for Walker.
It is and I'm aware of that, but that fact shouldn't have lessened the cost to accept his contract given precedence of similar cap dump costs.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Great trade for the Flyers.
Could be a fine trade for the Avs it's up to them and what they do in the playoffs.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
I think this a good trade for both sides as long as Walker continues his strong play from his play with the Flyers.

Flyers got a first for a defender and took a cap dump to raise said price.

Avs dumped cap and got a top 4 for the push.

Reactions: flyersjim73

Avs44

May 16, 2011
My god... Avs 'upgraded' from Byram for Walker? I'd rather have Byram long term.
Long term? Of course. But all that matters is another cup. If Byram is awesome 3+years from now that's great, I wish him nothing but the best. If they get another cup with this core it won't matter.

Reactions: SnS

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
I get what Colorado is trying to do here…replace Byram with Walker and then upgrade at center with Mittelstadt over Johansen. Will it be all worth it? I’m not sure.

The issue is Mittelstadt doesn’t score much. He is a good playmaker but who will he have at wing in Colorado? Not much…

• Haha
Reactions: TatteredTornNFrayed

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
My god... Avs 'upgraded' from Byram for Walker? I'd rather have Byram long term.

It's a quality replacement considering this whole trade centers around dumping RyJo's horrendous contract.

Getting Mittelstadt for Byram with a D rental absolutely crushed the deadline. Byram has 146 games played in 3 1/2 seasons, the injury history can't be ignored especially considering they are concussions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad