Confirmed Trade: [COL/PHI] Sean Walker and 2026 5th round pick for 2025 1st round pick (top 10 protected) and Ryan Johansen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
I'm betting on a bounce back from RyJo in Philly.

Quote me on it!

Edit: Aaaand he's already on waivers. HAHAHA!

Reactions: Laus723

Crossfire Hurricane

Sponsor
Aug 19, 2006
Redondo Beach
I love how a GM is smart for paying to dump a contract they got like 5 months ago. A smart GM would have just avoided the bad contract, no?
I guess you can debate if it was worth it or not, but it was a low risk/high reward gamble. If it paid off, the Avs' second line center problem is solved for $4 million per year and zero assets. It didn't, so they kind of overpaid on a defenseman.

Reactions: madman

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Is it not TWO firsts?? I'm so confused.

one first in 2025 plus taking an albatross would be disappointing.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Cmac moronic move to even get Ryjo in the first place but getting sean walker as well is very decent.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
It was clear Walker’s value wasn’t a first.

Taking the cap dump and waiving him was part of getting a first back.
An absolute bum with 2 years left at 4MM is a huge cap dump that teams have historically paid a 2nd or 1st to offload.

Even worst case you say Walker was only worth a 2nd - of which I disagree according to his advanced metrics and age comparable to the Tanev trade - then we should've received another 2nd or 3rd round pick, yet somehow we ADDED a 5th?? AND the 1st is a year out?

Don't like it.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
An absolute bum with 2 years left at 4MM is a huge cap dump that teams have historically paid a 2nd or 1st to offload.

Even worst case you say Walker was only worth a 2nd - of which I disagree according to his advanced metrics and age comparable to the Tanev trade - then we should've received another 2nd or 3rd round pick, yet somehow we ADDED a 5th?? AND the 1st is a year out?

Don't like it.

He won’t play for the flyers, I think him being in the deal was the only way the first was coming back. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him bought out or something.

It was probably closer to a 2/3 and a long shot prospect.

It’s a 5th round draft pick, who cares?

HockeyFan100

Oct 7, 2012
Hilarious how needing to trade a 1st in part to dump a contract they acquired 8 months ago for no reason is viewed as this big win for the Avs.

MacFarland has been putting on an absolute disaster class since taking over the GM role.
You do realize they got RyJo for free and Sean Walker is a big part of the trade, right?

Reactions: milehigh11

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Good move for the Avs, they got out of bad contract for relatively cheap considering Walker came back

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
Is Cmac just Sakic in disguise since GMs stopped answering his calls?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad