Confirmed Signing with Link: [COL] Jack Johnson signs with the Avs (1 year, $750k)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
He's gonna play a lot more than people here are expecting. Seeing how they handled their D lineup in the VGK series, I can see them being stubborn with keeping the vet in the lineup.

If JJ plays well enough to stay in the lineup he likely will. If the Avs get healthy and he craps his pants then off he goes.

Last edited:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Avs need someone who can approximate what EJ brings if he goes down w/ injury. JJ is nowhere near EJ’s skill level but he is big and physical. The Avs options otherwise are too green or not good enough.

JJ is awful. If he is playing I guarantee he is costing the Avs points or games in the playoffs. There is a reason this guy has played 30 playoff games and never won a series.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
JJ is awful. If he is playing I guarantee he is costing the Avs points or games in the playoffs. There is a reason this guy has played 30 playoff games and never won a series.

I’d bet that his team lost the series…

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
the Johnson & Johnson dream became true. I can rest in peace now.
seriously, I don't wanna see it on the ice, but off the ice the Avs should capitalize on thi$.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
And het he's played 950 games.

There's still a lot of nepotism and such going on in pro sports. Would Johnson really have played 82 regular season games with the 18–19 Penguins if we throw him being long time best friends with Sidney Crosby out of the equation? He played 82 games that regular season, and then 1st game of the 2019 playoffs, boom, healthy scratched. How is that even possible, a veteran defenseman in the league with 21 points in 23 playoff games to his credit thus far, playing all 82 games of the regular season, scratched for the first playoff game in favor of Erik Gudbranson or Marcus Pettersson? It's possible because he's a bad defenseman.

This same thing happened with Keith Yandle, by the way, was it last year or something? Played all regular season games with the Panthers, just to hold his silly "iron man" streak alive. Time for playoffs, boom, healthy scratched.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
He started out camp real strong but as the preseason games went on his play quality continued to drop. Ideally he's a 7th D who sits when the Avs are healthy, and as much as I don't like it I have to admit he's a better option that McDermid.

Toews - Makar
Girard - Erik Johnson
Byram - Murray
Jack Johnson
McDermid (just here to punch things in games against Vegas)

Any other 7th D they find will be the same or worse.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Happy about this for two reasons.

1. JJ seems like a nice guy that was screwed out of the majority of his career earnings by his scumbag parents. Even though it’s league minimum I’m glad he gets another payday.

2. Colorado plays in the same division as Dallas (which is unfortunate as a Stars fan), but this gives the Stars a better chance at winning if he’s in the line up.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I know he isn't good anymore but I have trouble getting worked up over a replacement level contract. Even if he is the worst player in the league, bury him, and you're only out the contract price. Not like it's my money.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I would mock the Avs about this signing, but am in a precarious position with our Benn and Merrill signings. They have ranged from clumsy and mediocre to downright awful during the preseason.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
JJ probably scores the cup winning goal for the avs this season, may be his only playoff goal but will count !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad