Confirmed with Link: Coghlan to Jets for Future Considerations

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Potentially making the NHL if the stars align is an upgrade. Winnipeg itself is kind of a love-or-hate kind of place.
I mean, I still think his chances of becoming a regular NHLer are zilch. But they only have 5 NHL D under contract right now (and Logan Stanley outstanding as an RFA), so maybe he somehow lands that open 7D job and looks better in a defensive system that's not ours. :dunno:

Reactions: WreckingCrew

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
No way this deal wouldn’t of been announced yet if it was for a conditional 7th gotta be something more cooking

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Do NHL transactions involve physicals like other sports do (feel like I never hear it mentioned)? I've heard of transactions being delayed before for that in other sports. Especially around a holiday or depending on where a guy is and if the teams require any specific doctors.

Reactions: DaveG

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Do NHL transactions involve physicals like other sports do (feel like I never hear it mentioned)? I've heard of transactions being delayed before for that in other sports. Especially around a holiday or depending on where a guy is and if the teams require any specific doctors.
The logistics of it seem to make it improbable. Would they be using an independent doctor, because the team doctor does have a bit of conflict of interest to pass a guy the team is trying to get rid off?

The trades seem to be too hectic to allow for it, there never is a mention of someone seeing [a tradebait player] at doctor's office, a trade has never(?) failed due to medical reasons.

Last edited:
Reactions: cptjeff

htdoc

Oct 30, 2018
They don’t hold up the initial trade for it…. But if a player comes in at next convenient time and goes through medical and they find something that wasn’t disclosed, then they explore having the trade reversed at that point, which can cause all kinds of problems for both teams if they have made other moves in the interim….Has happened a couple times in the past…. I’m trying to remember the last time it happened… it wasn’t thaaaaat long ago I don’t think, but my memory is failing me in my old age….

• Wow
Reactions: skipnjump and DaveG

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
This is weird and I’m speculating it may be one of the 1% of the time that future considerations could actually mean something.

Reason being - we just gave him his QO last week. We could’ve given him away for nothing and let him go to any of the 31 other teams. It’s possible (perhaps probable) it wasn’t premeditated and we just signed more dmen than we were expecting after the QOs were due, but still. A little bit of smoke given the Ehlers rumors, I do wonder if it’s loosely connected.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
So we got him from Vegas for future considerations, which we still owe them. And we gave him to the Peg for future considerations that they owe us. Anyone else see an obvious transaction that would simplify our balance sheet? :sarcasm:

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad